M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
277 Posts
I don't like the color either. Also the second picture shows that the front of the seat is shaped as an arch and it leaves big cap between tank and seat.
Yeh whats going on with the big gap at the front of the seat? If you look at the pics of ixm01ws6's Sophie the seat is curved but its flush onto the tank. My seat is already on order and i wont be happy if there is a big gap like this one.:dontknow:

· Registered
277 Posts
If you look closely at the Corbin web site you will see the gap. I like the seat, but hate the gap. I don't know if it can be adjusted for a better fit against the tank like the stock model. Anyone attempt to 'flatten out' the Corbin Curve?
Yeh i did look closely on the corbin site, its nothing like the gap on the on tizzy76's seat. I can just about see the battery thru that gap. The pics on the corbin site show no visible gap, and neither does ixm01ws6's seat.

· Registered
277 Posts
hey guys i sent a email to the guy about getting the seats asking how much postage would be and how much for the seats and the reply was that he had a couple of orders from australia and he said to wait and see how the postage goes not what i wanted to hear this is getting to be a pain i should have brought the 109 i want to spend the money on the bike
I was qouted $75 from Brooks, just for the riders seat

· Registered
277 Posts
Hey Spanners, you were proberbly better of talking to Metcruze here in OZ for a seat, at least you could front up and tell them what you think off it if it did not turn out the way you wanted it. NO it's not mine this is on there website!

Yeh i looked at them when i first bought the bike, but end up just putting in a gel pad. I liked the look of the corbin seat on the prototype. But that doesnt seem to be the way there making them. Besides the order is already in.

· Registered
277 Posts
I'll be contacting Corbin - I can't believe that the gap was designed on purpose - it's gotta be some kind of mistake. I'm not going to use my seat - I'll be requesting a refund, I believe. I took a look at the M109 front saddle by Corbin. That's more along the lines that I would expect...
Let us know wat they say, maybe you could draw attension to photo's like this :-\

· Registered
277 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, there is no use in continueing to produce something when its obviuos that its not right!

Oh and sorry to tizzy76 for hijacking ur thread. The pipes do look great :bigthumbsup:

· Registered
277 Posts
Yes it does suck:agree: I think someone at corbin should be making a gesture here, to everyone that has already ordered a seat. Maybe a free backrest or a free pillion seat to match the riders seat when it actually does fit our bikes. Its been a long wait! :edit:

· Registered
277 Posts
Not yet - it's been quiet the past few days but I know that they're finalizing the design changes and tooling. I think that this is a unique circumstance - they said they've never had to deal with something like this before. Shouldn't be too much longer...
Thats cool, these things happen. But a freebee for those that have ordered would make the wait for our seats alot more forgetable. :bigthumbsup:

Il have a free backrest with my seat please :2cool: LOL dam at least a T shirt or something

· Registered
277 Posts
Yeah - I wouldn't say no to some Corbin schwag - at the very least! A nice backrest would certainly soothe my frustrations. I'm just glad that i've been able to use the my front saddle while they get this all sorted out. That seat is AWESOME! Very comfortable. It's going to be nice weather this weekend and the weekend after that is my camping trip so I'll be adding another 1,000 miles or so.
Yeh im FRUSTRATED ! gime some free stuff! LMAO :D

· Registered
277 Posts
Just following along on this thread since my bike is there right now. As far as Vince not having a "BIG" problem. You have to remember he not only designed it but he has a lift and all the air tools or hand tools you could want as well as 20+ years of design work for them. So it is not that your stupid he is just more experienced at putting on the piece he designed. He had it on and off so many times testing he just has the process down to a science.
Cheers to you for volunteering your bike bud :bigthumbsup:

I hope there gonna look after you with all the freebies too

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.