M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The filter is compliments of a Purple bike guy on here but here are the details.

K&N filter RC-2380
2" to 1-1/2" ABS Plumbing pipe fitting
(This is the part where you will need to bring your buddy at the machine shop a case of beer to machine a little)
you need to turn down about 1/2 the thickness of the 1-1/2" end. Cut line in the 2" end for grip.
Then I machined out the center lip to reduce the restriction. then added a 1/4" NTP fitting by tapping a NTP 1/4" hole. Oh and I also took a hack saw to the brass fittings to cut down the length so the hose fits on a little better.
No other parts need total bill:
$70.00 for the Filter
$3.50 for the fitting
$2.20 for the NTP brass fittings (In the photo I had not cut the second brass fitting yet, but I would cut it for sure.)
and a case of beer.
total bill about
$85.00 to $95.00 !

Bike runs awesome!

Thats it, here are some pics.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You cheated!!!! :D The filter, with some muscle, would have expanded to fit around the plastic piece. Mine did.
YOu did a much cleaner job! KUDOS! :bigthumbsup:

Your friend, The Purple Guy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Purple guy

thanks to you I have a solution at least!

I really like the set up except I wish I would figure out a larger filter in the future

thanks again!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks Great!! Do you have a sound clip of the pipes. I was waiting for the Road Burners like you but I am aboutto give up. I have not heard what the slashdowns sound like. I know the dragsters were too loud.

·
Registered
936 Posts
don't cha think they'll blow off around a 100 or a 110 mph? or they may not make it that fast. shouldn't you put a nipple inside the abs fitting? auto zone sells one that will fit in there it shaped just like your abs fitting and its made out of aluminum. don't get me wrong i love the idea and plan on doing it my self, just don't know how the boots made out of rubber are gonna hang around at 100 mph.

·
Registered
87 Posts
moto said:
don't cha think they'll blow off around a 100 or a 110 mph? or they may not make it that fast. shouldn't you put a nipple inside the abs fitting? auto zone sells one that will fit in there it shaped just like your abs fitting and its made out of aluminum. don't get me wrong i love the idea and plan on doing it my self, just don't know how the boots made out of rubber are gonna hang around at 100 mph.
I've done 100+ with mine and had no problem with the filters flying off. They're on there real tight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts