M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
firecat said:
I'd like to see bars where the wires are internal :D
You gotta run the wire internally. Most don't come pre-wired that way. Probably have to get different bars and do a little work to the upper triple tree to get the correct bore for the hollow bar bolts. Stock bars have risers and you can hide wires through a clamp.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
firecat said:
I'd like to see bars where the wires are internal :D
Those bars are already pre-drilled to run the wires internally. Look at the holes at the bottom of the risers, that's where the wires are supposed to come out. I'm sure there are matching holes right near where the bars step up from 1" to 1.5" for the wires to enter the bars. Kinda hard to hide the wires from there however. I used to sell these bars, they are a very high quality product. I'm gonna keep a close eye on them too. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
Sweet!!!! Cruiser Performance handlebars are top notch! Very well known in the Sabre world. I can't wait... Depending on what's your pullback you might need new lines, and YES cables can be run internally... :bigthumbsup: :super:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Lamonster said:
Lamont,
Are the bars you put on back in May the same ones CP is planning to sell soon? It seems they have solved your biggest gripe and now include a tach bracket. Perhaps these new bars have more pullback than the ones you installed as well? Or are these the same bars you have, and they just now include the tach bracket? If they are different and have more pullback then they need to tell everyone they will need new longer throttle cables, etc. Also the control wires might need to be lengthened. That sounds like a lotta fun, eh? ::)

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
BlackCherry said:
Lamont,
Are the bars you put on back in May the same ones CP is planning to sell soon? It seems they have solved your biggest gripe and now include a tach bracket. Perhaps these new bars have more pullback than the ones you installed as well? Or are these the same bars you have, and they just now include the tach bracket? If they are different and have more pullback then they need to tell everyone they will need new longer throttle cables, etc. Also the control wires might need to be lengthened. That sounds like a lotta fun, eh? ::)
Not sure, looks like the same bars to me with a tach bracket. If that's the cass they are just about stock as far as pullback.
:dontknow:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts