M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is what my bike looked like sunday morining ,,,,,,

this is what it looks like Now

This was not a fun process to go thru , findiing all the body panels ,doing all the Prep work ,and some Repair to a few piecies , 2k urathane primer,
house of kolor yelllow,Gold ice pearls,and UFC35 House of Kolor clear and catalist , the learning curve on spraying clear is Terrfying ,Dont try this at home kidds
i kept thinking that the final product would be gratifying ,ummmm ,,, NOT !

Im not feelin it either

·
Registered
860 Posts
All kidding aside, the part you showed me at your work looked really good so the completed job can't be as disappointing as you seem to be saying it is. You might just be overly critical of your own work so ride it on the next ride and let us see. The pics look good.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had Higher Expectations , Its soo yellow ,that Bumble bees where landing on it !!,its just hard to Beat The 07 LE
Color !

I guess i need to start looking for a different Scheme ,,

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Hey ooinkk......at least you did it yourself :bigthumbsup: I would live with it a few months before I changed anything else. Pic's are never good guides for us to go by....in person I'm sure it looks AWESOME :confused:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Rob, as you know... i think outside the box, and your new bike is just that... it doesn't look "factory' , but it looks FRIKKIN' SWEET to me. Put a couple squiggles on there to match your switch and you'd be ready to go.

if you want to sell it, and start over.. Let me know :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Rob, looks good to me:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
284 Posts
good job i like it

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
Looks good to me Rob. I've painted a few cars, trucks and bikes and they seldom turn out exactly the way you expect them to. But that looks good and is definitely different than anything stock. Kind of like Hink's orange compared to the stock orange.

Plus it's hard to get pearls to show up in pictures. I bet in person it looks a lot better.

·
Registered
277 Posts
sweet

looks good to me Rob. I always new you liked bananas!:joke:

seriously, good job...I wish I had the skill and the patience to do something like that.
Besides, if you don't like it you can paint it again in the winter.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
I think it looks good. Atleast your lines are straight. :bigthumbsup: And I bet it looks better in the light in person also. So did you keep your blue tins?
"findiing all the body panels ,doing all the Prep work ,and some Repair to a few piecies "

·
Registered
549 Posts
:-\:-\....:eek::eek:......I'll take all your old tins.....:D:D Keep them on there for awhile....mabey they'll grow on ya! When we goto delmarva, I will get the bannas painted on for ya! :D

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Even if you aren't happy with it, you can always hone your craft and know exactly what you want to do next time. But I think if you are gonna keep it, throw a couple of these on each side of the tank, or even on the stripe for your rear cowl and tank. I like what you did because it is different. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Way to go Rob! I like it! Of course im all in with the yellow! Ive already seen the paint in the light and the gold flake rocks in the sunlight! It will be great to have another yellow on our rides! And dont let anyone get on ya about it cause ive got your back BRO!:evil: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts