M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got back from a little road trip to Rhode Island to pick up my tank from Jim Munroe Custom Designs. He really nailed it. Let me know what you think! This winter I'll have him finish up with the headlight cowl, side covers, and front fender. I likes!

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
damn that looks awesome

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I like the shot from the back. Very cool!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess you really like transformers! Looks good Optimus Prime if i remember correct.
You are correct. It's funny, I have a young son who loves them. They originally came out when I was a kid and I used to have them. So now I collect them with my son. When I bought my 9, I was trying to think of something different that you don't see every day, and figured what the heck. My painter loved it because he does alot of flame jobs for Harley owners (or is it Harley owners are flamers....) :eek:) and he liked the break in the monotony. In any case, I love it. I wish I had an eighth of his talent. Now it's time to ride! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I think you have taken this transformers addiction of yours to a unhealthy level. :joke:

It is a great paint job, and looks bad @zz. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also pulled the trigger on those Scythe mirrors. You can see one in the last pic. I think those things should come stock on the 9. I like the low profile they have. goes along with the theme too. :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i talked to him a few months back and he said the entire autobot logo would be difficult due to the number of floating pieces. I'm thinking about just having him cut out the outline of the autobot so it looks kind of like a shield, and then have the edges painted black with black screen between the space that is cut out around it, and then I would light it up with blue LED's when I get it back from him. I think he would be able to swing that with no problem. Just have to wait until riding season is over or see if he's got some covers in stock and I'll send him mine when he's done. Thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm having alot of fun with it. Can't wait to see what people think at the local bike nights.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.