M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had mine since tuesday and got about 200 miles on her. a few casual observations. after owning shafties in both muscle bike and cruiser configurations and chain drive sport bikes I was surprised how smooth it actually shifts and there is not any real problem with driveline lash or shaft effect unless you get it at the right rpm (almost lugging it) and the throttle just so then it snatches a little. On another side, I made two changes already, the reflectors on the side both front and back are gone now, and I got rid of the retard stickers on the gas tank. man that was some badass glue they used. the coolant resevoir is a bitch to get to and I ordered a service manual to better be able to take shit apart because the owner manual does not cut it. Had the tank off the first day just to find the coolant resevoir and no help from the owner manuals sorry ass descriptions. there is no spanner for the shock in the toolkit of which I will get the dealership to own up, the owners manual says it is in there. also ordered the JSD-3M kit for full timing in 1-3 gears. will start looking at the availability of pipes/pwr commander next, from experience on other v-twins a 2-1 is the way to go for pipes if you expect power over looks. I have noticed some of the pipe manufacturers are producing 2-2's with a crossover tube to help the midrange but unless it has a true merge style collector I don't think you will get the same power as the true 2-1's. The rear signals/license plate/mud flap has to go, have seen some plate frames with the license plate lite and turn sigs in the lower corners that might clean that up nice. My gf does not understand the modding madness as it happens with every bike and shee thinks just because it is new I should leave it alone but we all know we have to put our personal touch on these two wheeled creations. over and out.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've had mine since May 27, and man people love this bike. Everywhere I go I see people just staring at me as I go by. There was even this guy at work taking everybody out to see it. It was like he was more excited about it than I was. Another co-worker took one look at it and almost immediately decided that he was getting rid of his Hayabusa and getting a 109. I let him take it for a spin around the parking lot and now he's really hooked.

Suzuki really hit big with this one.

And, aside from all the attention I'm getting over her, it's the most fun ride I've ever had on a street machine. And since I'm getting too old to really play hard on the off road stuff that's great for me.

LOVE THIS BIKE!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts