M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just  wanted to introdce myself to the forum.. i have ridden since i was 15 , i'm 50 now , and still learning how to ride. i have 52,000 miles on my 01' se road glide . i am one with this bike. i decided that i wanted something different since my friends told me i treated the road glide like a sport bike, i thought , why not get one . I looked at the kx-14, but i'm a little old to lean over and the $4200.00/yr insurance sorta helped me decide . then i saw the 109, which at a distance looked cool. then i made the mistake of sitting on her....we'll the rest is history. i've had a black 109 now for two weeks, and with the help of this forum, have gotten a spitfire winshield,. which looks killer, not to big, but takes the wind down several notches at high speed, no issues with wind at 115, stopped there , still breaking her in. dosen't handle as well as the road glide to me ... yet. it took me a while to become one with the rg and fully expect the same with the 109... did my seemingly required run off the stand and fall over break in period, working on repairs, good excuse for a custom paint job on the tank. but have learned a lot from this forum and appreciate it's exsistance. gave the site name to my dealer to give to new owners, hope they will. have my new cobra dragsters and will have them on by next week. sorry i couldn't wait and for $411.21, when you guys tell me something better , i'll e-bay these and switch.

ok i'll stop now just wanted to start being a part of this great sight. my screenname is my rep with the road glide,... wonder what it will be with the 109???

keep up the great job!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
:welcome: Hey man welcome to the forum, could you post some pics of the 109 with the windshield? I was going to wait until Switchblade made a shield for the 109 but if the spitfire is cool then maybe I'll get one of those.

·
Registered
101 Posts
4200 a year? ::) I'm 23 years old w/ no violations (knock on wood) and my HAYABUSA insurance was 2500 per year 500/500 and thats in ny most expensive state in the union lol. Get a new insurance company brother

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't have insurance with the people who quoted $4200.00/yr
but it's a true figure . i asked another guy who i ride with and he confirmed, said it had to do with the type,cc's and he guessed the fastest production sport bike... he also told me that if i was 18-20 yrs old, it could be on the high side of 8k /yr.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.