M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I like it, in fact I stopped at a body shop Monday to see how much they would charge to paint some of that cheese looking cromed plastic. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks pretty good.....interesting. Any reason you have you rear plate facing up? Instead of to the rear.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes the reason for the plate facing up is because when i face it to the back it always rotates down, no matter how tight i make the expansion plug. make it to tight and it pops right out, when it faces up it stays up and until i get pulled over thats how it will be, unless someone can share with me a way to keep it facing to thew rear. I already stripped the extra bolt hole on in front of the axle so thats out of the question.
I am going to take the stickers of this winter, i dont like them but they kinda suck to take off. taking the first one of was harder than taking the baffles out. Thanks for the input, everyone seems to like it and some guy asked me if it was an Indian today. :eek:

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's ok I guess...to me it kind of looks like a big black popcorn tub like ya get at the movies. It stops the flow of chrome from front to back, just my opinion :yikes:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Can we get a "diver's view" pic and maybe a closeup of the tach? As for your rotating plate holder, this has been addressed before. The cure is to get two expansion bolts, and fit the larger one in the hole and then the smaller one inside that to grip the plate bracked. Do a search to make sure I'm right. It's in this forum somewhere... probably the tech section.

Updated: Here, I did the work for you... This is the thread that explains the two bolt process. http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1132.0

G

·
BGNICK said:
ok guys tell me what you think..
I think that headlight tickles me in more ways than I am willign to admit... I just fell in love with the 109 all over again... WOW What a change.... :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
I love it but PLEASE tell me how you did it, I tried and it didn't fit where did your tec go I tired to put mine in the head light took everything apart and tried to get it to work but couldn't figure out how to get it to fit right :D had to go back to the original setup :( if you have a step by step that would help I'm a bit mechanically challenged but I'm learning fast ;)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I really like the blacked out chrome on the headlight :bigthumbsup: ..................... I need to go talk to a painter friend of mine............. my chrome is gonna start disappearing :doorag:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
firecat said:
I love it but PLEASE tell me how you did it, I tried and it didn't fit where did your tec go I tired to put mine in the head light took everything apart and tried to get it to work but couldn't figure out how to get it to fit right :D had to go back to the original setup :( if you have a step by step that would help I'm a bit mechanically challenged but I'm learning fast ;)
Here is a thread with a great step by step...I did this mod and absolutely loved it!!!

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=4410.0

·
Registered
426 Posts
BGNICK said:
yes the reason for the plate facing up is because when i face it to the back it always rotates
Put a little blue Loctite on the threads. I was worried about that too, but have not had any problems since I did this. Occasionally I'll look back to check on it while ridind and so far so good.

·
Registered
443 Posts
That's an interesting look. I like it. I wonder how the chrome would look with a purple tint to it? :dontknow:

·
Registered
702 Posts
looks good, and definitely different. I think it might actually attract MORE attention to the cowl than the chrome.

I like it. Nice job. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks man. I was wondering what my bike would look like when I did this. You have given me the answers. I have a buddy who is going to do this for me over the winter. Along with a couple of other things to be painted on the bike. It looks good. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts