M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-I'm relatively new to the group. Made the switch from a Triumph Daytona for a gray '08. Would like to say thanks to everyone for sharing all the great info (learning something new everyday). And thanks to BobbyMac for the help with my first mod - relocating the tach - pics to follow.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
:welcome:Jester,,,,, a great bunch here. :nopic:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
:welcome: to the family, bro. Glad I could help you....that's what being a family is all about. :doorag:

·
Registered
285 Posts
:welcome: Did you demo any other bikes or just go for the 9? Me and the wife have test ridden many bikes recently, its like free crack! What I have found as far as cruisers go, and I am not just saying this, we have the best cruiser available.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Welcome.

From someone who has just been here a couple of weeks myself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:welcome: Did you demo any other bikes or just go for the 9? Me and the wife have test ridden many bikes recently, its like free crack! What I have found as far as cruisers go, and I am not just saying this, we have the best cruiser available.
Tried a few of the triumph models (which will always have a place in my heart), some Harleys - which I have no need for. The 9 was love at first sight for me and was worth the wait.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I rode the Triumph Rocket III, that was one of my favorite test rides, isn't that a fun bike? That thing is fast! It wasn't as comfortable passenger wise as the 9 and it had a classic look to it that I didn't like as much as the flowy 9. Still a fun bike. The Victory Hammer and Vision didn't have enough power compared to our 9's. It would be hard to come off our bikes to another cruiser.

You made a good choice my friend, welcome.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I rode the Triumph Rocket III, that was one of my favorite test rides, isn't that a fun bike? That thing is fast! It wasn't as comfortable passenger wise as the 9 and it had a classic look to it that I didn't like as much as the flowy 9. Still a fun bike. The Victory Hammer and Vision didn't have enough power compared to our 9's. It would be hard to come off our bikes to another cruiser.

You made a good choice my friend, welcome.
Which model rocketIII did you ride? I'd sure like to demo the 2010 roadster...that bike looks MUCH better than the previous model rockets and boasts some impressive numbers. Still doesn't look as nice as our 9 but getting better.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Which model rocketIII did you ride? I'd sure like to demo the 2010 roadster...that bike looks MUCH better than the previous model rockets and boasts some impressive numbers. Still doesn't look as nice as our 9 but getting better.
It was the less powerful model, but it still had me holding on and smiling big. I wish I could remember which exact model it was. I of course wanted to ride the most powerful torquey one, :) but I was not disappointed with the power that one had. It was quite refreshing after riding the Victory "106 cubic inch" models, which were notably less powerful than our bikes. I was a little worried when I saw the 106 on the sides of the hammer and vision, I mean 3 inches smaller isnt that much right? lol, scratch that last question :)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Welcome

:welcome: and :congrats:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
893 Posts