M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First ride with the new quiet 'can' today.

I am waiting for a phone call as I type, to confirm a dyno booking..hopefully this week.

How could I resist riding it for 4 days....Qi Gong breathing and chocolate chippies balanced the anxiety flow!

Sound is really nice..soon as you get load on the pulses get solid and the load off decel popping is only there at a level I think enhances the sound, not Ticket stuff like before with the 'straight through' can.

Mid range is very smooth and the bike feels strong in the 4-5K(ish)Â range BUT.......

(there had to be a BUT)

The top is PATHETIC compared to the straight through can. The sound restrictions I put on the design have had a major effect on the high rev flow.

5.5k-7k feels no better than "stock"..(if my memory serves me correctly) and whereas with the 'Straight Through' can you were into rev limiter before you were ready (Waah!!!..and you were there)..this muffler will make you work a bit (by comparison) to see 7k+

HP drop at the top will be significant but low- mid torque may well be 'as good' if not 'better'.

My butt-dyno is pretty biased after spending $650 on the new can..so I'll have to wait till the dyno to see how biased!

More cookies and deep breathing will help me through till the dyno numbers, so I can make a decision whether to "can" the Can and rebuild, or leave things alone get back to a normal life again.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Holy Batman Ras. I've been through a bottle Oh wine tonight and I still don't think I can decipher all you said here. You been smokin those cookies?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jazzman said:
Holy Batman Ras. I've been through a bottle Oh wine tonight and I still don't think I can decipher all you said here. You been smokin those cookies?
Hi Jazz,
Could have got a few cookies crumbs mixed with the deep breathing..that would do it.
Usually I read over what I have written a day later and it sounds like gibberish to me too!
I'll get a dyno sheet and try to say nothing..I have just seen Tazz's numbers.. :super: impressive! :bigthumbsup:
I'll be embarrassed to put show my scoots #'s after those and :super: Hal's and we know JR has something wicked there too! :super:

·
Registered
924 Posts
jazzman said:
Huffin on those gold injectors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts