M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well that was a good read, NOT :dontknow:, Why don't you copy and paste the article on here so we can all read it!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Don

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried to cut and paste...its too big so I'll chop it up when I get off work :bigthumbsup:

Devilish

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
what kind of bike? jet? turbo? inquiring minds want to know! i remember back when a turbocharged Wankel (rotary) held it. used to have an rx-7 and am still a big fan of rotaries. wish someone would actually put 1 or 2 in a production bike. they'd be perfect...compact, lightweight, high-revving, great power. the rotaries used in rx-7's were something like 40 cubic inch (single) and 80 cubic inch (dual). that's pretty impressive when compared to big displacement v-8's.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Heres what google has on the subject. dated sept 7 2006

"In what will be remembered as the biggest day in the history of motorcycle land-speed racing, AMA Grand National Champion Chris Carr shattered the two-day-old FIM world record by piloting Denis Manning's BUB Enterprises streamliner to 350.884 mph at the AMA/FIM International Motorcycle Speed Trials by BUB on the Bonneville salt flats.

Carr broke the record of 342.797 mph set by Ack Attack, the first motorcycle to break the long-standing 16-year-old mark of 322 mph set by the Easyriders streamliner piloted by Dave Campos. With salt conditions perfect, even Carr's new record is not safe.

Chris Carr celebrates his new world record"It don't know how long the record will stand," said Carr, tearful with joy. "It might stand for only a couple of hours, but right now, I'm the fastest guy in the world."

As it turned out, Carr will be the fastest motorcycle rider in the world for at least a year. Despite additional attempts at the record by Ack Attack and another contender, the EZ-Hook streamliner built by Sam Wheeler, the speed trials ended Thursday with nobody able to surpass Carr's mark.

With conditions on the salt flats nearly perfect, however, it wasn't clear that Carr would keep the record. In fact, even as Carr and Manning were celebrating, the Ack Attack streamliner that set a new record on Sunday was lining up for another attempt.

FIM rules state that a world record must surpass the existing record by at least 1 percent, so Ack Attack would have had to average nearly 354 mph in its two runs to dethrone the BUB streamliner. Rocky Robinson rode Ack Attack to a 349.031 mph run in the westward direction â€" the fastest run yet heading west â€" suggesting that a record run was possible. But winds prevented them from making the required backup run in the opposite direction within two hours.

Another record contender, Wheeler's EZ-Hook streamliner, arrived at the salt flats Tuesday, but a mishap at the end of its first run left the motorcycle damaged and unable to make another run.

Carr's record won't become official until it is ratified by the FIM at its congress in October.

Watch for a full report on the speed trials in the November issue of American Motorcyclist magazine."

Here is the "motorcycle."

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks fyrmanjam, :bigthumbsup:

I was trying ot post the entire artical but this is the gist of it...

Sorry guys :dontknow:

P.S.

Yep I got the jacket :evil:

Devilish

Trogdor said:
I bet he's got a Members Only Jacket too...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
heh, that's a helluva "motorcycle"

·
Registered
158 Posts
you mean are bikes can't go that fast ::) dang where is Lamonts super-super turbo pack :dontknow: :joke: :joke: :joke:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts