M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this comparo is informative, as it covers every muscle bike in the class. Guess who leads the big 4 ;)...not to mention the Vrod...:bigthumbsup:

In case there was any misconceptions.... :doorag:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/4216203

Its a good read. Enjoy!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Wow. I actually agree with almost everything written in that article. ???

Now, about that"George Jetson" inspired bodwork......:mad:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
From the article....

"Though the Suzuki feels large, this bad boy likes to corner. Blessed with big brakes and an inverted front fork, the M109R can be throttled up to hyperspeed and brought down below the legal limit in a very short distance. It's incredible to ride hard on twisty roads--just point, shoot and reel in that sportbike rider. In fact, the more we rode this bike, the more we wanted one in our own garage."

I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to go and ride! Heck with work! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
That´s the bike for sure.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I happen to like the JETSONS styling ya bastard! :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
it still makes me feel good that even after 5 years of its creation nobody has put out a production v twin that can hang with the 9. I love it

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From the article....

"Though the Suzuki feels large, this bad boy likes to corner. Blessed with big brakes and an inverted front fork, the M109R can be throttled up to hyperspeed and brought down below the legal limit in a very short distance. It's incredible to ride hard on twisty roads--just point, shoot and reel in that sportbike rider. In fact, the more we rode this bike, the more we wanted one in our own garage."

I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to go and ride! Heck with work! :bigthumbsup:
I thought you guys would enjoy this! The best part is how well our 9 stacks up against the beast triumph with almost 600cc more displacement!!! :eek::eek::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Jetsons inspired = Futuristic, ahead of the times, not a bad thing at all!!!:evil:

·
Registered
245 Posts
From the article....

Hey Bobby did u write that section of the paragraph ? I dont know but is writing just for u. If someone knows what that bad M109 can to is u.:bow:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
While on a group ride, had a conversation with a fellow rider Sunday concerning the 9 and its fat a$$. He was at Bike Week and looked over all the cruisers there and test rode several. He took out the Hammer and it scared him. Said it didn't like to lean in corners. So, because of that, he wouldn't take a 9 out for a ride. I told him I had ridden the Hammer & 9 and I agreed that the Hammer doesn't like to lean but that the 9 loves to lean.

We went for a ride. He was behind me. He got to see how well the 9 cornered. If I had titanium scrapers he'd have had a few spark showers.

We really didn't talk about it any more but I'm sure his opinion has changed.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Hey Bobby did u write that section of the paragraph ? I dont know but is writing just for u. If someone knows what that bad M109 can to is u.:bow:
Thanks for the kind words, my friend. I do like to have fun on this bike but there are lots of good riders out there. Heck, just in the Georgia Riders I would say that Lucky, Jazzman, and Valiant are all better riders than I am and Georgia Roller isn't too shabby either!

The more mountain riding you do, the better you will become. Just give it some time, bro!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts