M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my license plate frame mounted (been three weeks), added Kurakyn grips with stiletto ends and throttle boss, hard wired my garage door opener into the flash to pass circuit, AND CUT OFF THE UGLY REAR PLATE HOLDER!!!!! I am not real happy with the brackets from the reflectors being used for the turn signals, but they will do for now.

I originally considered having these plate frame mods to sell as "kits" ready to install, and I will if anyone is interested. The down side is that it's kind of expensive $290.00 with exchange of your original caliper bracket. They will have to be prepaid and I will have a very fast turn around 7-14 days return shipped to you. price would include shipping to continental US only.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
That is the only other licencs plate bracket I have seen on the right besides mine . I made mine out of a pc. of polised stainless and mounted it where the pipes bolt to each other .

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
squirrel said:
That is the only other licencs plate bracket I have seen on the right besides mine . I made mine out of a pc. of polised stainless and mounted it where the pipes bolt to each other .
:bigthumbsup: I really liked the looks\design of the Harley bracket and it shares the 1" axle with the 109. I had to do some fairly extensive modification to the actual plate frame so it would come out far enough to be seen. I am very happy with the results for the time/investment.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Less likely to hit it with your leg when working around the bike with it inside the pipes like that.. Also keeps the left side extremely clean looking for a nice view of the rear tire.. especially with the "beaver-tail" removed.

·
Registered
665 Posts
The more I look at it,the more I like it too! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts