M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put some ISO grips with stiletto endcaps, and Pro-One "golf club" mirrors on tonight.

p.s. yes, feel free to make fun of the birds painted on the walls of my garage, they were there when i moved in, i swear!

G

·
I like it. Grips look nice, especially with the stiletto end caps. Do the mirrors increase your angle of view?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice! :bigthumbsup: I'm still looking for replacement mirrors. Haven't quite found what I want yet.

·
Registered
525 Posts
phaed said:
put some ISO grips with stiletto endcaps, and Pro-One "golf club" mirrors on tonight.

p.s. yes, feel free to make fun of the birds painted on the walls of my garage, they were there when i moved in, i swear!
Looks really good. I won't make fun of your birds, but I would like to know what part number those grips are and if you had to do anything special to get them on. :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they are the generic kuryakynISO grips (part #6235), with stilleto end caps (part #6249). to get them on:

-cut left side rubber on the grip with a razor blade and rip off.
-pop off end cap (used a small hammer)
-clean off old glue with a shop towel and some goo gone
-throw away the glue that comes with the grips (instant cyanoacrylate type), and use a slower curing glue. i used 15 second gap filling cyanoacrylate i happened to have for my RC helicopter.
-slide grip on, position it, let it set
-take off throttle housing (3 phillips head screws)
-slacken throttle cable as much as you can
-take out the throttle cables
-slide throttle grip off and slide on new throttle grip (no glue involved on this side)
-snap in the throttle cables onto the throttle grip end
-put throttle housing back on and tighten the throttle cable back up
-put on the end caps
----
no, the mirrors don't increase the field of view. in fact they decrease it. they are very small compared to the stocks.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
phaed said:
they are the generic kuryakynISO grips (part #6235), with stilleto end caps (part #6249).

no, the mirrors don't increase the field of view. in fact they decrease it. they are very small compared to the stocks.
Did they fit on stock or did you have to make any changes?? How much do they run$$??

·
Registered
525 Posts
Thanks. One last question. The stock throttle side grip endcap. Is that a screw off or a pry off?

·
Registered
343 Posts
p.s. yes, feel free to make fun of the birds painted on the walls of my garage, they were there when i moved in, i swear!
The mirrors look good! Dude, you can go down to your nearest Walmart, invest a few bucks on a couple gallons of paint, and paint over that crap. Man, that's down right embarassing.
Bike looks good though, but I guess even a Virago would look good in that garage. HA!!!! Nice 109'er, seriously! :bigthumbsup:
http://www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here's the data for the mirrors...

PRO-103100 Pro-Mini Contoured Style Mirrors, P1 $69.95

they come with a bag of bolts/adapters that will fit just about any bike out there (including ours).

I guess even a Virago would look good in that garage.
rofl. i know, i seriously have to paint this thing. some chick came up and told me how pretty it was (the garage, not the bike!). i'm sure she thought i was gay.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Like the grips. One of my stock endcaps fell off the bike somewhere. Might replace the grips and caps though probably not the stilleto type. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
300CREW said:
Thanks. One last question. The stock throttle side grip endcap. Is that a screw off or a pry off?
Pop them off with a screw driver, the ISO is a screw on, and the endcaps are replacable with that hand grip, I don't think they come with the endcaps he put on.

Love the grips and the mirrors look good, how do they deal with vibration?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts