M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been poking around on the forum for a few days awaiting the arrival of my new toy. It showed up this morning at 9am by way of Keyboard Motorcycle Haulers.

Below are some pics of it a few minutes after we got it off the truck. Hadn't even wiped the fingerprints and dust off it. It's been at a dealership in Jacksonville FL for about 6 months.

It's got a pretty good list of goodies on it already. 250 rear tire, Road Burner exhaust, aftermarket wheels (even though I've yet to determine what brand/style they are), K&N style air filters, grips, levers, swingarm cover and tag holder.

It's suppose to have the dreaded "oil in the air filter issue" but I haven't investigated that yet. I've looked at what some others have done and I have some of my own ideas on a fix.

I've been a Suzuki Cavalcade guy for the last 10 years. My business is that of a professional motorcycle mechanic specializing in the Cavalcade. I am a member of 1200 member e-mail group for the Cavalcade and over there I'm affectionately referred to as the "Cademaster". My business includes selling OEM and aftermarket parts for the Cade worldwide as well as wrenching on Cades from all over the country. I also manufacture improved parts for the Cade as well as important parts that Suzuki has chosen to obsolete. The Cade hasn't been made for about 25 years so that's expected. I have a fully equipped machine shop including manual and CNC machines.

I have already gained some useful info from the forum and I hope at some point that I can contribute something that others might find helpful.

Having only ridden it about 15 miles I don't have a lot to say yet. I can say it's mighty powerful. The front tire was worn into a V shape so I ordered a new E3 radial today. It has a little bit of a handling issue and I'm confident that the tire is the main culprit. I'm pretty tall with long legs so I will be adding the crash bars with forward mounted pegs so I can get a stretch on my legs. Would also like to add the TRE/GPI.

Anyway, enough for now.

Tracy

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Very nice 9 Tracy

and welcome to the site. You gonna have a fun time getting to know your beast LOL, I am still learning what it is capable of.Enjoy.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Your bike already has some nice mods....you can take it to the next level! :bigthumbsup::doorag:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
:congrats: & :welcome: Nice lookin scoot.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Beautiful one. Welcome to the true beast riders world.:doorag:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts