M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I am a new member here and I am hoping to learn more about the M109. I currently ride a 2008 GSXR 1000 and I am serioulsy looking at selling it and getting the M109. I am 39 years old and the last couple of years have seen a decrease in track days and canyon runs substituted by longer (6 + hr) rides usually with long straight highways as part of the route.
One question I have is how comfortable the riding position is on the M109? I am looking for a bike that is comfortable for the backside and the arms.
Any feed back on this as well as general likes and dislikes would be greatly appreciated. Performance wise this looks like the cruiser for me as I like "to get on it" once and awhile :p
Current ride:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
:welcome::congrats:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm as far as comfort that does depend on each person but there are severial ways to help with the comfort from riser extentions to gel seats to forward control relocators I myself fond my 9 is a very compy ride with just the 2" riser extentions still run stock seat and I have no issues at all with comfort I can ride all day lone and feel good after. the 9 is a very smoth and very well balanced bike for its size there are alot of fellas that tranfer to the 9 from the sport bike side Good luck on your desidion :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome fellow Albertan

I have had a 109 for two years now. Rode the first year with little changes. The bike just fit well for me. 5:11" 210 lbs. Rode a number of 800km days and jumped off with no regrets. I have since made a few small changes to make it "mine" but never because of riding issues. If you are riding out cochrane way on a weekend, drop me a note and I will meet up and discuss the bike with you. You can also try mine on for a few kms if you like.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
:welcome: I did alot of long international rides total of 13000 km on the my bike it is a good bike you will love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had a 109 for two years now. Rode the first year with little changes. The bike just fit well for me. 5:11" 210 lbs. Rode a number of 800km days and jumped off with no regrets. I have since made a few small changes to make it "mine" but never because of riding issues. If you are riding out cochrane way on a weekend, drop me a note and I will meet up and discuss the bike with you. You can also try mine on for a few kms if you like.:bigthumbsup:
That's very nice of you to offer spiniker! I am in Cochrane quite a bit and I would love to discuss the bike with you. I will let you know next time I am headed that way.

Ken

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hello,and:welcome:to the (109) forum.
Good luck on your choice of a motorcycle!..:dontknow:But i really hope you make the best choice,and buy the (109):bigthumbsup:...The Big Beautiful Beast!:drool:
You "will" love the performance,and the comfort..You can really get on it with the (109)!...:hot: It's a Great bike!...:#1:

Take Care,Ride Safe!...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
369 Posts
:welcome: and :congrats: Enjoy the Ride.
Its comfortable from my standpoint.
I'm Sure you will love it after you ride it! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
508 Posts
:welcome: I think mine was pretty comfy right off the showroom floor. There are plenty of mods to adjust it to just your liking.
I have had it for over 2 years and I don't think I could have made a better decision for this type of bike.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
:welcome::welcome:
Got back problems but the 9 doesnt cause a problem for me till about 400 miles.
The gel seat is a good investment for long rides

·
Registered
310 Posts
welcome to the forum. I haven't changed anything as far as my riding position goes, but if i did it would be the seat. the seat is comfortable for a few hours but after that the edges of the seat wear on the inside of my legs.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
:welcome: to the forum bro!

Lots of things to do to make it fit. Different seats, different risers, pegs, and a driver's backrest. Mine is good for all day rides easily.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. As stated you can mad it to make it right for you. Just buy it and don't look back. I still smile coming up on 5 years with her.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
:welcome:to the forum. I rode sportbikes for many years, and still do. But a few years ago I felt as if I needed to make a change. I knew that no matter what cruiser I got I was going to lose the sheer power that a literbike has but wanted to be more comfortable on the longer rides. Then I came across the M109 in 2006 and I loved it. The bikes is very comfortable, has great power to keep the smile on your face, and is very agile for a bike if it's size.

You won't regret getting one. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
:welcome: to the best forum around. The 9 is comfortable right from the start. You will love the power and feel of the bike.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Welcome and to answer your question It don't matter what it's like stock cause your gonna get the mod bug and change everything on the bike anyway.
Bob

·
Registered
766 Posts
;1280773 said:
Welcome and to answer your question It don't matter what it's like stock cause your gonna get the mod bug and change everything on the bike anyway.
Bob
:welcome: and :agree:completely with Screamnyellozonker .You'll get the bug and Afterwards you'll get addicted to the forum wanting every minute to know all the news and new mods....Talking from own experience.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts