M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST INSTALLED NEW SIDEBURNERS EXHAUST AND COBRA FI2000R. SOUNDS GREAT! SET OFF MY FIRST CAR ALARM THE OTHER DAY!!! THE PROBLEM IS MY SETTINGS COMPARED TO OTHER PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT EXHAUST SEEM TO BE TO RICH. MY SETTINGS ARE 4 3 2 . THE BIKE RUNS GREAT BUT THERE IS A SMELL OF UNBURNT FUEL FROM THE EXHAUST. AND MY FUEL ECONOMY IS WAY DOWN. AND IT WANTS MORE, I TRIED HIGHER SETTINGS AND GOT NOTICEABLE POWER GAINS. BUT WITH MORE SMELL AND EVEN LESS FUEL MILEAGE. IM ON MY 4TH TANK OF FUEL TESTING SETTINGS. SHOULD I PICK A SETTING IN THE MIDDLE OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE I COULD DO. WOULD SOME OTHER IMPROVMENTS HELP. LIKE AN AIR INTAKE FROM DUCKS? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
155 Posts
settings

use stock settings with just a pipe or or slight increase very slight maybe 1/4 notch advance only larger increases are needed if you install air kits or TRE Steve :doorag: :congrats:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I'm sure T-Bone will tell you exactly what you need or what you have done wrong. He knows everything about the M109 because he got the bike 6 months after it came out in 2006.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The FI2000R comes preset for your bike. Thats why you have to order it bike specific. Go back to what it was set at when you got it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts