M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been reading on here for a couple of weeks now and finally decided to buy a M109R. I purchased it yesterday, 2007 black one by the way for $11,250, and rode it 100 miles home from the dealership. I have to say that pretty much everything I've read on here is what I got for the ride home, it has excellent power(needs more though), the handling is great in the curves for a big bike with a fat rear tire, and it got alot of looks going down the highway. I was expecting it to be a little jerky in the lower gears, but to me it acts like any other shaft drive, I had a VTX1800C before and it felt the exact same way. The handlebars are too much of a reach for my 5'9" body, but I've already seen the risers to correct that, and the rear brake pedal has got to be the worst design ever, already fixed that with a little bending and reshaping, still not great but alot better. The bike is very fast but I was expecting a little more, nothing a few mods won't take care of, especially with the high reving motor it has. I'm very pleased with the bike, if I had not found this site I probably wouldn't have bought it, I was going to buy another VTX. I really liked my other VTX, it had Vance and Hines pipes, and pc3 on it and it ran very well, I loved passing my friends on the Harley's, I feel this bike is going to pass them even faster, hope they see me :D. I read everything I could on here before the purchase and if I hadn't I would have been a little dissapointed with a few things on the bike but knowing about them before hand really helped. I can't wait until more accessories become available for it, I feel that my wallet is going to shrink at a high rate of speed. Thanks again for the wonderful forums, and I'll try to post some pics soon.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
welcome......and you will like this much more than the VTX...it's a fun bike.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
grats on choosing the fastest model, and welcome to the board!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to the board , If you wanted more power should have bought the SILVER BEAUTY :welcome: :joke: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
924 Posts
1eYe said:
Welcome to the board , If you wanted more power should have bought the SILVER BEAUTY :welcome: :joke: :bigthumbsup:
                   Â

BURPLE IS BETTER

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone, I hope I can learn alot more from this site, and maybe help someone out also.

·
Registered
443 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :welcome:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts