M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im new to this site and own an 08 m109r Black in colour, ive tryed searching the site for info on welding some bungs in the pipes for the factory o2 sensors. Has any one on here done it before if so how far down the pipe have you put the bung in? Oh and the pipes are HK 2 into 1 Sideburners. I went to my local exhaust shop and he gave me 2 bungs but havent pulled the o2 sensor out yet to see if they fit. Any info would be good

Cheers
Red

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hi all im new to this site and own an 08 m109r Black in colour, ive tryed searching the site for info on welding some bungs in the pipes for the factory o2 sensors. Has any one on here done it before if so how far down the pipe have you put the bung in? Oh and the pipes are HK 2 into 1 Sideburners. I went to my local exhaust shop and he gave me 2 bungs but havent pulled the o2 sensor out yet to see if they fit. Any info would be good

Cheers
Red
1st :welcome:to the forum!!!!! close to the muffler part of the pipe "between muffler and the heads of the engine", farther away from the engine is best for heat protection

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
welcome from milwaukee wis.

:congrats:and enjoy your new found torque.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum also. :bigthumbsup:

I would look at where the stock ones are placed and try and place them in about the same spot if you can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys, this might sound dumb but how much more grunt will it have with the HK pipes , powercommander and K&N filters once i get it tuned? Thanks Again :bigthumbsup:

Red

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has any one done this before and have any pics i just got the pipe s and they really look to good to weld on lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Funny, when you first ride it is, HOLY ****! this thing has more pull than a 14 year old boy. 10 hours in the seat and you are thinking how do you make this thig go harder.

Still love it though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
you dont need to put them in, they bypass them anyway when they put it on the dyno
Ok so do i just leave them unpluged then. I have NFI i just want it on so i can hear the bike hahahahaha. What kit do i get to eliminate the o2 sensor s cause i have a powercommander 3 coming. But our local suzuki guy has no idea about the o2 sensors thats why he wanted to weld them in.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Ok so do i just leave them unpluged then. I have NFI i just want it on so i can hear the bike hahahahaha. What kit do i get to eliminate the o2 sensor s cause i have a powercommander 3 coming. But our local suzuki guy has no idea about the o2 sensors thats why he wanted to weld them in.
your like me i got no f'in idea either, should have heard the words coming from my mouth when the pipes turned up with no o2 sensors lol.

i just cut the old one out and welded them in , when i got it dyno'ed they said they bypass them anyway , they just leave them conected up.

if i was you id be going to someone that knows what they are doing.

where are you ?

i got my siht done at Springwood Suzuki.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
your like me i got no f'in idea either, should have heard the words coming from my mouth when the pipes turned up with no o2 sensors lol.

i just cut the old one out and welded them in , when i got it dyno'ed they said they bypass them anyway , they just leave them conected up.

if i was you id be going to someone that knows what they are doing.

where are you ?

i got my siht done at Springwood Suzuki.
Oh yeh thanks for that. Im near Rockhampton but there is no one near here that has any fi. I rang a guy i know from Mega motorcycles just before and he said dont weld the pipes just put them on and the k&N filters and trailer it down to bundy and there s a guy there with a dyno who installs powercommanders and tune s bikes. So all good now ill just let them disconnect the o2 sensors. How dose yours go now with a tune ? Did springwood do a good job

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Oh yeh thanks for that. Im near Rockhampton but there is no one near here that has any fi. I rang a guy i know from Mega motorcycles just before and he said dont weld the pipes just put them on and the k&N filters and trailer it down to bundy and there s a guy there with a dyno who installs powercommanders and tune s bikes. So all good now ill just let them disconnect the o2 sensors. How dose yours go now with a tune ? Did springwood do a good job
only ever had a dyno once, so dunno what a good job is lol.

Springwood were the only ones that knew most about these bikes at the time, they have done heaps of them,thats why i took it there

however when i put the roadhouse pipes and gutted my filters i had a lot of popping on deceleration, Dyno fixed that up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi rednuts81 ... look up petes pitstop he's just near gympie he is very good at what he does .. he did my busa ended up with 194 hp at rear wheel .. so google him and give him a shout.. tell him shane ( spanner spinner ) told you of him ... p.s now own a 2010 black /orange m109r..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
desided to weld the bungs in after all and im having a go at it tomorrow. dose any one have messurements or photos cause i held up the pipes tonight to the bike and there dose not look like any room for error in between the engine:eek:

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
desided to weld the bungs in after all and im having a go at it tomorrow. dose any one have messurements or photos cause i held up the pipes tonight to the bike and there dose not look like any room for error in between the engine:eek:
wasting your time welding them in when they are not needed. try a tape measure. worked for me.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts