M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys Just wanted to show you what I will be ridding come spring! I just brought it home last saturday temp was about 40degrees out and it had snowed the day before!! Needless to say due to the salt the wonderfull state of wisconsin uses I just wanted to get home and clean the bike!!! As long as the garage was heated I decided to begin the mods! First to go was the tach, I relocated it into the headlight bucket, Second was the front signals. I have a few more things in mind for this, but i may wait for a while for the weather to warm up a bit! let me know what you think

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Wow, you don't waste any time cutting into things do ya? :p Now hurry up and cut off that plate holder and install the cycle house plate bracket, or move it to the side. :bigthumbsup: Looks good.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Looks great. :bigthumbsup: I would hate to be in your shoes right now though, new bike and bad weather. :verymad:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking friday!!!!! HOPEFULLY my clear taillight will be here(wishfull thinking i just ordered it a few hours ago). AS far as a lp bracket I want to mount it to the rear axle! Just wondering is it possible to " flip " the axle on this bike so i have a place to bolt to??

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Finally !!!!!!!! a guy who knows how valuable pics are !!! :bigthumbsup: :hot: :bigthumbsup: :hot: :yourock:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
KHM109R said:
Just wondering is it possible to " flip " the axle on this bike so i have a place to bolt to??
Even if it was possible... you don't want that butt ugly castle bolt sticking out of your hub. Do a search. There are many posts on how to mount a sidemount bracket in the axel hole. One popular method is to use two masonry expansion bolts (one inside the other) to secure the mounting bolt. Do a search and check the How To section. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Is that a dodge charger under the cover? Looks like you may need take some pictures of the hot rods. I am working on a 69 Mach 1 right now . Muscle cars and bikes i love them.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
corym109r said:
Is that a dodge charger under the cover? Looks like you may need take some pictures of the hot rods. I am working on a 69 Mach 1 right now . Muscle cars and bikes i love them.
Looks more like a 1st gen Camaro with a cowl hood to me ;) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry Guys I DO NOT get alot of internet time I will try to answwer all the questions!! Yes I did buy her new, I just Did not tell you EVERYTHING I have done because I forget half the time. :confused: As for the rides in hidding the first one on the left is a 1966 ELCAMINO
Second one on the right is my roommates car a 1971 plymouth satelite with a cage, cowl hood, roll bar, 440 BUILT, 11:43 best Quartermile time I think
THe truck inthe back roud of the previos pic is my old truck. I sold this one last fall sucks in the WINTER and I ran out of storage space after I bought a 1957 thunderbird. Dad Said I could only keep one at his place so the truck had to Go!!
Thanks for the tip on mounting the plate I will do a search later.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Byt the way the pic of the truck was about 2 week after I received it!! I ordered it on sept 10 2001(easy date to remember) Truck arrived on october 21( I think) So that gave me plenty of time to order my goodies! That is why the cowl hood is not in the truck in the second pic!! Just thought I would let you know because i am shure sombody will poit it out!!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
KHM109R said:
Just thought I would let you know because i am shure sombody will poit it out!!
You sure you're a NEW member? You sound like you been here a while... :joke: :p

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I'm new to this board, I'v just been around a few others and learn it is best to explain Everything!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts