M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my girlfriend to the mall to go shopping last Wednesday. We were on a 3-lane wide divided section of a twisty road where the speed limit is about 10-20mph too fast (pretty uncommon around here in Northern Virginia). I’m cruising around the bends minding my own business when out of nowhere a custom cruiser hauls by me like a knife through butter. All I could see was the rear end of the beast. And like my girlfriend’s backside, it was lust at first sight.

Now I can honestly say that I’ve never chased down a bike, car or a woman to get a closer look, but I did last week. I caught up to the rider stopped at a light. Darn, it was completely debadged. Noticed it was a twin... a BIG twin! Big custom rear wheel/tire combo. Sweet lines. Odd sort of headlight housing. Not too fat, not too skinny... I’d say it was perfectly, addictively voluptuous! Trying to get my girlfriend to recline back so I can try to identify something etched into the engine cover on the left side of the bike... light turned green, rider took off like he was trying to do a 10sec 1/4 mile time. All I caught was something with “109” in it. Darn! On well, with a mortgage and a bevy of the usual bills, no sense in wishing for a $50K custom H-D (been there, done that and it sucks).

Got home late that night and was wondering, “what if it’s an affordable newfangled Japanese hybrid of some sort?” Well, looking never hurt anyone so I spent the next 5 hours on the Internet trying to find a photo of some new sort of bike that probably didn’t exist. I found it! Holy cow, what specs on this creature! What a voluptuous beauty! What great reviews! WHAT A PRICE!!! I wasn’t just in lust anymore, I was in love. And when a man’s in love and lust, a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do. I spent the past 3 days reading everything I could find, looking at every photo on the Internet, developing my purchasing and bargaining strategy, little to no sleep, heck I wasn’t even hungry for food... somewhere out there, there’s an M109 with my name on it. BURPLE! I LOVE BURPLE! And there’s going to be no more burple! I GOTTA HAVE ONE NOW! I stumble across this board... I read this board until 6am this morning armed with just about everything M109 a person could possibly absorb.

I woke at noon today and hit the road like a crazed woman on a Saturday bargain hunt. We have more motorcycle dealers here in the Washington DC area than you can shake a stick at. First store, walked in, right there in the middle of the showroom on a pedestal was my burple beauty. I approached slowly, taking in the lines noticing the front wheel is mounted bass ackward (thanks to this board!). Some twit wearing 3XXXXXL jeans on backwards cuts in front of me and starts drooling over my beauty’s humps!!! I grabbed a salesman and said, “if you can show me the passenger seat, reinstall the front wheel correctly, prove it has less than 10 miles on the odo and have it prepped in 24 hours, I’ll give you $11K”. Geez, that was easy. It’s mine! I swung a leg over her, sat her upright and reached for the bars. Purrrfect fit, just like my girlfriend. Both feet sat flat on the ground and with my 36" sleeve length, I was perfectly comfortable with my arms slightly bent and without leaning forward. I didn't even take a test ride. I filled out the paperwork, left a deposit and went back home in order to make the tough decision... which neglected steed deserves a trading-in. :-( I think it’ll have to be the crotch rocket. Going out now for a farewell ride... WOO HOO!

Gonna start ordering custom parts as soon as I get back tonight... 1st thing going in the trash bin would have to be the mudflap of a tag bracket assembly. Going to order the Radiantz flexible LED arrays creating one single strip with red stop in the center and amber turns on the sides. Not sure if I'll be using dual cicuit elements yet. And as soon as I pull it into the garage, it's getting debadged and destickered. Going to have to get some miles under my belt before deciding on pegs and grips. This place is great and a goldmine for M109 info and ideas! :)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Thats a great story that most of us on this board can certainly relate to. :redfaced: It seems we are all pretty crazy in love with our 109's. :D By the way welcome to the board! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
Welcome bro. That is a great story. I must say, you are a man on a mission. I love your dedication. Love at first site. Ain't it great. I was the same way. I used to hang out on the Roadstar board when I had my R* and someone posted a pix of the 109. Alot of guys started trashing it right away and silently, I was in love with it and had to have it. That was it. Instant love.

Best wishes with it. Good eye catching the front wheel on backwards. If you studied the board, you know what to do when you pick er up. CHECK THAT OIL.

G

·
Welcome!! Funny....I didnt test drive mine when I bought it either!! The bike looked soooo damn good and felt soooo damn nice that I didnt care how fast it really was!! The specs that I was reading the night before was good enough. I must say....like you it was love at first site with me also!! These bikes are true beauties!! Enjoy yours and ride safe!!-HELL :evil:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Bear in mind that Blurple is fastest, so take it easy until you get used to it, and :welcome:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Welcome...WE know how you feel.... i get people all the time givin me the nod or thumbs up about how nice a bike the 109 is....kinda makes a daddy proud.... lol...you won't be sorry and will not have to look back (not really recommended)... cause you can acel around ANYTHING in your way... mjm

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Great story! I think you will be quite happy with your purchase. Be sure to CHECK THE OIL LEVEL BY THE BOOK before you leave. No sense in going through the hassle of puking oil out the left airbox. A lot of good info here. You'll be modding that thing like crazy before you know it. Start with drilling the baffles. It's about the cheapest mod you can do, and will really improve the sound of the bike. Then cut off that plastic plate holder and replace it and the signals with better ones. The options are somewhat limited right now, but give it a few months and you will see more aftermarket parts than you can shake a stick at. Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
572 Posts
ITguy said:
Welcome to the board. :bigthumbsup: I'm sorry to say the sleep deprivation and lack of time to eat don't go away after purchasing the bike. If your like the majority of us you'll either be riding it, modifying it, or on this board.
I know that feeling, am having to finish up a server for a client, but after that, even though it is just past midnight, am considering going out for a ride for a bit... I LOVE to ride :)

G

·
Congrats! :bigthumbsup: I picked up a white 07 today.  I didn't even know these bikes existed five days ago.  I'm so glad I held off on ordering that VTX.

·
Registered
360 Posts
It gets better . Just wait till little old ladies at the mall give you :bigthumbsup: . thats something . :doorag:

ride on and enjoy .

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
:welcome: and enjoy :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Great story LMAOROTF and This bike has turned all of us into maniac´s the thing that you have to get used to though, is everytime you park it somewhere it draws crowds :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts