M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member to this site but have been visiting for about a month. I currently have a 1996 Honda Magna and went in to look at the VTX 1800 but never got past the M109. Fell in love and finalized the financing today. Ended up paying list $12,339 but they really gave me an awesome trade value. They only had a 1 in blue and I wanted black so they traded with another dealer so I got lucky. They did check and they were able to order a Suzuki windshield but they have no details on price or design. It will not be in until first week in July but at least Suzuki got off thier Azz and let the dealer order. If you are looking for a windshild ask your dealer to call, they can get them ordered. I assume it will look similar to the current line and that's cool with me. I warned the dealer about the oil overfill and kickstand problem and it was all news to them. Thanks to this site I know way more about this bike than the dealer :bigthumbsup: I will post a picture when I get it. Yahoo :D :D :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Congrats on the bike. Got my black 109 2 weeks ago today, almost 800 miles on her. As far as the windshield goes i have seen one on a bike in my town. It is small, one guy on the website was saying he's taking his back cause of some issues. I think it cost $260 or 280? Sounds steep for as little as it is.

Good luck, your gonna love it.

Jamie, MN

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, picked mine up today and here are my first impressions. I expected it to be different and was very cautious to start but two miles from the dealer I was amazed at how well it handles and how smooth it accelerates. The clutch was set-up perfect and I did not experience the rough shift from 1st to 2nd. Remarkably it had 0 miles on the odometer so this was the first ride. I had to get it home and in the garage due to tornado's all around, though I considered staying out cuz I was having a blast. So far this is everything I hoped and MORE. It blows away the wimpy Honda Magna I traded. Also was able to order the jacket and Suzuki confirmed my order. How the hel am I going to stay out of trouble with this beast in my garage :evil:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Wisc109cruiser said:
OK, picked mine up today and here are my first impressions. I expected it to be different and was very cautious to start but two miles from the dealer I was amazed at how well it handles and how smooth it accelerates. The clutch was set-up perfect and I did not experience the rough shift from 1st to 2nd. Remarkably it had 0 miles on the odometer so this was the first ride. I had to get it home and in the garage due to tornado's all around, though I considered staying out cuz I was having a blast. So far this is everything I hoped and MORE. It blows away the wimpy Honda Magna I traded. Also was able to order the jacket and Suzuki confirmed my order. How the hel am I going to stay out of trouble with this beast in my garage :evil:
You're going to find out it doesn't stay in your garage for long.....you're about to develop a bad case of 109 fever.....you'll figure out the cure real quick :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts