M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name's Mike from Long Beach, CA

I just got my motorcycle license about a month ago, and before that, I've never really ridden.

Since then, I've bought a used 99' Yamaha V-Star 650cc Classic just so I can get more riding experience.

When I saw the Suzuki M109R at my local dealer, and it was love at first sight :D

Now all I do is daydream about that sexy piece of machinery ;)

If all goes well, I plan to buy a brand new M109R sometime in the middle of next year, around my birthday. It's hard to resist the temptation to buy one right now though :evil:

Anyway, I've been browsing some of the threads here and it seems like there's a wealth of knowledge to be had.

Happy posting! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
:welcome: to the board. Have fun on your bike and even though there are first time riders/owners here, for the most part it is "better" to start off on a smaller bike, and before you know it the M109 will be sitting in your driveway and as others have said you will  be able to appreciate it just that much more :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
:welcome: I also agree with CBXER, way to use your head and start out small. I started really street riding on a 91 vx800, moved up to a CBR600RR (yes moved UP from a 1991 800, to a 2005 600 sportbike, BIG difference) now I have an 1800cc bike in the 109. All I can say is WOW! Get real comfortable on that smaller bike and it will help your confidence majorly on the bigger bike over time. Congratulations on getting on 2 wheels, no matter what you ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm also thinking of taking an MSF course next month, even though I already have my motorcycle license and been thru police motorcycle school ::)

I got a quote for an M109 from my current insurance company (Geico) and if I had the MSF certificate, my 6 mo. premium would drop almost $100 :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts