M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member located in Chicago IL and this site is awesome!!! This is what I need to expand on my M109. In April I bought a Burble M109 from a cycle shop in Libertyville.... I ended up paying $12,700 out the door. I have put 6k miles on it including riding it to the Sturgis rally :doorag:(kickass time). Now that I am used to it and I have seen some of the posting on this site, it is time for me to bet educated. :dontknow:

I really want to update air intakes, but i heard that you must get a new computer (is that what the JSD Ignition Mod do?)

What ALL does the JSD Ignition Mod do?

I have seen comments about varying gas mileage---I can't seem to get 150 miles on a tank (is something wrong)

How many miles have people gotten out of their tires?

Are larger tires recommended for replacements?

What trick modifications are really HOT now?

I don't mean to bombard ya'll with several questions, I am just trying to get up to speed with all you experts.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
stevemcd said:
I am a new member located in Chicago IL and this site is awesome!!! This is what I need to expand on my M109. In April I bought a Burble M109 from a cycle shop in Libertyville.... I ended up paying $12,700 out the door. I have put 6k miles on it including riding it to the Sturgis rally :doorag:(kickass time). Now that I am used to it and I have seen some of the posting on this site, it is time for me to bet educated.  :dontknow:

I really want to update air intakes, but i heard that you must get a new computer (is that what the JSD Ignition Mod do?)Â

What ALL does the JSD Ignition Mod do?

I have seen comments about varying gas mileage---I can't seem to get 150 miles on a tank (is something wrong)

How many miles have people gotten out of their tires?

Are larger tires recommended for replacements?

What trick modifications are really HOT now?

I don't mean to bombard ya'll with several questions, I am just trying to get up to speed with all you experts.
Jump right into the SEARCH SECTION and plug in the key words on the topics you're looking for and also the TECH HOW TO POSTINGS. Your going to have lots to read :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
welcome. the JSD is a TRE (timing retard eliminator) it takes the timing back to full advance in 1-3 gears where Suzuki saw fit to limit it. The JSD does one other thing, it eliminates the 5th gear rpm limit which worked a lot like a top speed limiter. Y

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
sorry got cut off there. You will notice a nicer throttle response with the JSD but not bigger numbers on the Dyno. The air intake kits are starting to materialize and you will need a Power commander (IMO) from Dyno Jet to tune with. there are not any after market 2-1 pipes out yet that will give you the hp that 2-2's cannot but some members are modding the stock 2-1 collector with a high flow muffler and elimiating the SET valve and showing big hp numbers.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome! As mentioned earlier, do some searches. Sit back with a beer and read away! :beer3: :read:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts