M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I picked her up today. 2012 M109R with 5,180 miles. Pretty much all stock.

About me; I go through motorcycles rather often, but hoping the 9 breaks my current record of ownership at 3 years. I rebuild a bike every winter, this year I built a bobber out of a 1998 Vulcan VN800A. I still have this one:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

I sold my Raider (that's the bike I had for 3 years but just got bored) last fall and bought a sport tourer; Kawasaki Concours. It's an incredibly fast bike, and nimble... and boring. I thought I was ready to move away from cruisers and classics, but I'm not. Thus, I bought my 9 today. My 9 is far from perfect (dent and scratches) but I do my own body work so it'll keep me busy in the winter. Oh, here's a pic of the Raider I sold last year. I painter her this orange burnt-copper with more metal flake than you can shake a stick at:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

And this is the bike I sold last weekend to buy the 9:
Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

I would put a pic of my 9 up, but I don't have any! I had to sneak out of work for 3 hours to buy her and get her home... now I'm back at work. I'll snag some pics in a few days. I'm not going to register her until I get rid of one more bike; the bobber or the concours, so I'll be limited to cleaning her up this week and getting to know her curves. :)

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,524 Posts
Agreed, that bobber and the Raider both look really nice, and the Guzzi is something you don't see a lot of. Welcome to the forum too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys!

I haven't decided what color scheme in going to go with on the 9. Most of the black is in good shape, so I might go with black and gold.

If anyone knows of a stock exhaust in New England on the cheap, let me know. Mine has one small dent in it... And it'll irritate me till I replace it. Unfortunately my eats are about shoot at this point so I need to stick with quiet exhausts or my ears start pounding.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well, I picked her up today. 2012 M109R with 5,180 miles. Pretty much all stock.

About me; I go through motorcycles rather often, but hoping the 9 breaks my current record of ownership at 3 years. I rebuild a bike every winter, this year I built a bobber out of a 1998 Vulcan VN800A. I still have this one:

View attachment 420698

View attachment 420699

I sold my Raider (that's the bike I had for 3 years but just got bored) last fall and bought a sport tourer; Kawasaki Concours. It's an incredibly fast bike, and nimble... and boring. I thought I was ready to move away from cruisers and classics, but I'm not. Thus, I bought my 9 today. My 9 is far from perfect (dent and scratches) but I do my own body work so it'll keep me busy in the winter. Oh, here's a pic of the Raider I sold last year. I painter her this orange burnt-copper with more metal flake than you can shake a stick at:

View attachment 420700

View attachment 420701

I would put a pic of my 9 up, but I don't have any! I had to sneak out of work for 3 hours to buy her and get her home... now I'm back at work. I'll snag some pics in a few days. I'm not going to register her until I get rid of one more bike; the bobber or the concours, so I'll be limited to cleaning her up this week and getting to know her curves. :)
The Moto Guzzi looks pristine, what year?

·
Registered
24 Posts

View attachment 420698

View attachment 420699

View attachment 420700

View attachment 420701

Bobber looking awesome. Welcome to the 109 forum If not secret did you get from private owner or dealer nd how much you pay for it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up buying from a dealer... Which I haven't done in the last 25 years. But it was the best deal I could find. It was a good deal because the original owner had it stored in a shed and something fell into it (denting the right side of the tank) and it fell over (scratching up the left side tank badge and braking the front turn signal). So she's far from mint, but it was perfect for me.
2012, stock except for a quick detach sissy bar and some speakers, 5k miles, $7665.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ended up buying from a dealer... Which I haven't done in the last 25 years. But it was the best deal I could find. It was a good deal because the original owner had it stored in a shed and something fell into it (denting the right side of the tank) and it fell over (scratching up the left side tank badge and braking the front turn signal). So she's far from mint, but it was perfect for me.
2012, stock except for a quick detach sissy bar and some speakers, 5k miles, $7665.
Thats not so bad if its just cosmetic. 10 years on the bike and only 5k that guy did not ride much huh lol.
Reason i asked was to get an idea of todays market prices. I bought mine last year in april. 2014 LE had just over 9k and it was clean mechanically had a lil spot of paint scratched by previous owner and a tiny 2mm indent both on gas tank. Barely visible and i got it for $8k. But it had a bunch of goodies. K&N filters sissy bar rear seat cowl front shield window and cobra low dragster pipes. Plus i got a jack out of it and other few trinkets worth another like $700. And mine is posted up i had it powdercoated not a fan of chrome.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,524 Posts
That's a nice looking V-Max. Several members on here have or have had those. The only complaint I've heard on them is the size of the fuel tank is a little small. But performance is great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts