M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice on this beast. Got a 2019 M90 in great shape. Anyone know where to get aftermarket parts these days? I imagine there are some accessories interchangeable from the C90 and such Seems to be very limited support for any accessories. I noticed they discontinued this model for 2020 onward so that is a bit concerning. Hopefully there is some good support here on this site. I also noticed it sometimes has difficulty going into 1st or 2nd from neutral. Is this common?

Much thanks from Nova Scotia

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had an M90. The shift from 1st to 2nd is common. Unfortunately there are not near the aftermarket parts available as there are for an M109. They're still a great bike though. My wife and I put a lot of miles on ours before it was written off one summer. I miss that bike.

What are you looking at adding?

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Perhaps you should have done some research on aftermarket parts for the M90 before you purchased it, as there has never been very many aftermarket parts for that bike. There is however, quite a bit of aftermarket parts for the M109R. Is it possible to trade in your M90 for an M109R? It may be your best bet, in the long run...especially since it has been announced that they're discontinuing production of the M90.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had an M90. The shift from 1st to 2nd is common. Unfortunately there are not near the aftermarket parts available as there are for an M109. They're still a great bike though. My wife and I put a lot of miles on ours before it was written off one summer. I miss that bike.

What are you looking at adding?
Backrest, passenger floorboards, rear luggage rack basically. Some customization options would be great. Even aftermarket seats are hard to come by. Corbin offers one but im not paying $1000 CAD for it. I value my cheeks comfort but not that much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps you should have done some research on aftermarket parts for the M90 before you purchased it, as there has never been very many aftermarket parts for that bike. There is however, quite a bit of aftermarket parts for the M109R. Is it possible to trade in your M90 for an M109R? It may be your best bet, in the long run...especially since it has been announced that they're discontinuing production of the M90.
I just bought it. Limited customization parts isn't a deal breaker for me but I definitely should have looked into it first. I've been learning there are some swappable aftermarket accessories with other Suzukis so I'm sure there will be some experimenting coming. Overall I'm very happy with it though. Other than the strange clunkiness from 1st to 2nd and the limited accessories I am very much lovin it and it still has 4 years warranty 😁

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
I just bought it. Limited customization parts isn't a deal breaker for me but I definitely should have looked into it first. I've been learning there are some swappable aftermarket accessories with other Suzukis so I'm sure there will be some experimenting coming. Overall I'm very happy with it though. Other than the strange clunkiness from 1st to 2nd and the limited accessories I am very much lovin it and it still has 4 years warranty 😁
That's great Lenwood. I wasn't trying to make you feel or think I was belittling you for having chosen the M90 instead of the M109R. Heck, I didn't even know Suzuki had decided to discontinue the production the M90, until you mentioned it in your initial post. I'm glad you're loving your bike. It is a very, very, very nice ride indeed. There are a few members here who own M90s. Hopefully, they'll see this thread, and chime in with some helpful leads on how you can get some good aftermarket/custom parts for your ride. By the way, there's a Shift Star product out there for the M109R, that greatly helps with smoothing out the shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. I'm wondering if there's a similar product out there for the M90. Good luck with everything Bro, and most of all be safe always.

To be honest, I was very interested in the M90 back in 2008. That was until I came across an M109R I saw at a dealership in Kentucky during that same year. From that point on, I was determined to get an M109R. I've owned a total of four of them since February 2009, and I still have three of them parked in my garage. I absolutely love the M109R, regardless of the minor pain in the butt, little quirks it comes with from the factory. I don't know of any bike that doesn't have some sort of problems that could have been done better. The truth of the matter is...you couldn't have gone wrong either way...an M90 or an M109R.
😁 (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)🏆🏆(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)😁

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Awesome, that is a huge help thank you! Anyone have any experience with the Hard Chrome exhausts or intakes?
I currently have 3 Hard Krome Exhausts on my M109Rs...Two of the VPR Race Short exhausts, and one Shorty SideBurner exhaust. I love both models/styles. They look amazing on the bike, and they sound even better, whether at idle, acceleration, or deceleration. I strongly recommend the Hard Krome exhaust for an M109R or M90. You won't be disappointed!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered an ATRE from GMan. Hopefully this will help with the drive-ability at low speeds. The 90 seems to be somewhat difficult around the parking lots and even 30km or less speeds. lunging, etc when slow. Seems like people think positively of these

·
Registered
194 Posts
I ordered an ATRE from GMan. Hopefully this will help with the drive-ability at low speeds. The 90 seems to be somewhat difficult around the parking lots and even 30km or less speeds. lunging, etc when slow. Seems like people think positively of these
I had a TRE on mine as well. I don't recall what brand it was but it helped with the surging at low speeds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts