M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
That's going to get you hurt real bad if you come off my friend. Please reconsider.
Could say the same for everyone that does not wear a full face helmet, but most don't.
Ever seen what a chin looks like from hitting the asphalt because you only had on a turtle shell or 3/4 helmet.....its not pretty. (shatters like glass)

But to each his own, I sometimes ride with no helmet myself if the wife is not riding with me.
(Wear it all the time when riding with her, so I can talk with her over intercom.)

Its hot in Florida...Damn Hot.
I almost never wear long pants while home.

I understand what you are saying and you are not wrong.....but again, to each his own.

Party on.
BCS

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Welcome, shorts or no shorts, Naked is best!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Could say the same for everyone that does not wear a full face helmet, but most don't.
Ever seen what a chin looks like from hitting the asphalt because you only had on a turtle shell or 3/4 helmet.....its not pretty. (shatters like glass)

But to each his own, I sometimes ride with no helmet myself if the wife is not riding with me.
(Wear it all the time when riding with her, so I can talk with her over intercom.)

Its hot in Florida...Damn Hot.
I almost never wear long pants while home.

I understand what you are saying and you are not wrong.....but again, to each his own.

Party on.
BCS
Like you said to each his own, I lived in Florida for 46 years and always wore long pants and a full face helmet. I did not wear a protective jacket until I moved to Carolina. GO Buccaneers!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I live in south/central Florida and at first started riding in shorts , until a friend of mine showed me a burn mark on his leg from riding in shorts ... that , frankly , stopped me cold and since then , long jeans all the way .
Inside the city , I wear my half face Bell Pit Boss helmet . For the highway I wear a full face helmet .

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.