M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new M109R rider for two weeks and about 1000 miles now and I'm thrilled with the bike.

First let me thank the users of this board -- you clearly sold me on the bike and I really appreciate it.

Coming from a VTX 1800 (recently sold) and a Valkyrie (still own and ride), the M109R handling is a real dream. More responsive by far, easier into and out of the curves, a natural-feeling rather than some-what forced lean through the curves and power out of the curves that many of you have understandably noted. The bike is smoother too in nearly every respect. Once I bought a good streamlined helmut, the aerodynamics of the ride even without a windshield was really a pleasant surprize. Minimal buffeting with only a slight lean forward. I'm a very happy rider right now.

Perhaps someone can help me overcome a small annoiance -- the large rear tire and short fender (relative to the VTX 1800R and Valkyrie) serve up a butt wetting spray on a really wet road btween about 25 and 50 mph. I don't mind getting wet, but its annoying getting wet from behind. With my other two bikes my seat stayed dry even in gully washers. Perhaps when I get a licence plate this will decrease, but if anyone has a suggestion, (other than the obvious wear a rain suit), I'd appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Welcome aboard, wish I could help you with the wet butt thing but you
ve had your bike longer than I and it is raining here right now, don't think I will go out in it. Welcome again, this seems like a great group to hang with.
Dog Man

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just found some information about the wet butt syndrome in the rain on the M109R (search on roostertail). Guess it is a fact of life and I can live with it. In fact, I'll love living with it. Still interested in ideas if anyone has overcome the issue. ::)

·
Registered
413 Posts
:welcome: :clap2: :beer2: :doorag: Congratulations and welcome. Since I live in the desert I can't help you too much with the rain issue, it only rains here 3 days a year :D! I notice you got rid of your vtx but kept your valkyrie. I wanted a valkyrie but Honda stopped makin' em by the time I could've gotten one. There is a nice black one in my neighborhood. There are some very knowledgeable people on this board, unfortunately, I'm not one of them! :D :p

·
Registered
775 Posts
ok first, welcome and congrats on the new bike. the more you ride it, the more you'll love it. now, about the wet butt.
HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT IN THE OPEN FORUM. LOLLLLL
sorry, had to get that out. there's not much you can do. the bike is a performance cruiser with a big fat rear tire. it's the price you pay for that kind of power and look.
but, again, welcome to the board and congrats on the best bike you'll ever own.

·
Registered
775 Posts
hey, spoke with a buddy who fabbed a simple cage for saddle bags and put a small bag on each side. told me it greatly reduced upspray from the road. maybe check with some of the fabricators on this site about getting some of their equipment for your bike. some of the stuff these guys sell is very, very nice.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome aboard...

What color is your bike?
I live in the Hernando area..
Have you been to bike night at Joe's Crab Shack at Wolfchase on wendesday?

Hope to see you around...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the welcomes.

To "waker", my bike is silver -- I compared it side by side with a 2007 white and chose silver. The other colors are all nice and I'm intriged with burple but thought the silver had an extra measure of class for my tastes.

Never went to Joe's Crabshack in Memphis, but often do Sidecar Cafe and Beal Street bikenights. Hope to see you sometime. Really have enjoyed taking my metrics to the Sidecar as it is next door to the Harley dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts