M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys name is preston, I am 23 and finally I have purchased, by far my favorite bike I have every owned. I started at age 17 purchased a 1997 Suzuki Katana 750, sold that. Bought a 1992 Yamaha FZR 600R, sold that bought a 2000 Kaw Ninja ZX-7R, sold that. Now finally after all those crotch rockets I found a bike that is appealing to the eye and fast when you need it. Nice long cruising doesn't become as uncomfortable anymore. People of all ages admire my bike. I feel like a celebrity with all the attention the bike brings.

Bought the bike two saturdays ago, so far 500 miles of problem free neck breaking, white knuckle, joy riding fun. not too much else to say. but Hello!

Attachments

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Beautiful! Congrats

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
welcome aboard.........i am from irwin pa drop me a line we have a few in the area now...

kenny

·
Registered
300 Posts
:congrats: welcome to the club now let the mod bugs loose for the BITING!!!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Welcome to the site! What is going to be your first MOD?
I already have Metzler's front and back 130 and 240. Also Vance and hines exhaust. Prob licence plate relocation + flush mount clear turn signals next. When I replace the rear tire next year, I want to step up to 280 but have no idea if they make a stock replica rims that would be wide enough to fit that properly.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
:welcome: and :congrats:. As you can tell your gonna love the 9. There is a company that makes a 10" rear replica. If you do a search it should come up. Let the mods begin:bigthumbsup:
RIDE SAFE....STAY UP

And you have the fastest color:D

·
Registered
263 Posts
:welcome: and :congrats: you will never stop feeling like a celeb, the gawking and questions never stop.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is a 10" rim the proper fit for a 280 tire. I am really not interested in going any bigger than 280. Thanks for the info. I will check em out. BTW your bike is beautiful. Love the white ones

·
Registered
185 Posts
:welcome: and :congrats: on your purchase. You will certainly enjoy your ride. Many of the people here on this forum are/were rice-rocket-riders.

·
Registered
940 Posts
:welcome: Congrats on the new bike, all the info you'll need is here. Many threads on wheels and tires, just use the search and you will find. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Is a 10" rim the proper fit for a 280 tire. I am really not interested in going any bigger than 280. Thanks for the info. I will check em out. BTW your bike is beautiful. Love the white ones
Thanks, it's a work in progress.
You will get varied opinions on the fitment of the 280 on 8.5 and 10" wheels. Some say it's not recommended some say it's fine that way. I'd rather put it on a 10" rim....JMO

1 - 20 of 33 Posts