M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2014 M109 BOSS and now I'm looking for an exhaust system to improve the sound. I'm not looking for something that you can hear 5 miles away bout I would like more bass and more aggressive sound compared to the stock pipes. Any suggestions? I live in the Nashville, TN area so if you know of a good shop, please share.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I recently purchased a 2014 M109 BOSS and now I'm looking for an exhaust system to improve the sound. I'm not looking for something that you can hear 5 miles away bout I would like more bass and more aggressive sound compared to the stock pipes. Any suggestions? I live in the Nashville, TN area so if you know of a good shop, please share.
I debaffled and drilled out the stock pipes and they sound perfect now.

A how to : http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121312 and a video : http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163793

Good luck, pipes are a VERY personal choice and EVERYONE has a difference of opinion.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have a set of Cobra drag straights. I removed the baffles they came with and put in a set of cobra 'quiet cores'. The sound is not quite what I would like, but the new baffles are not as offensive as the stock ones. As for other brands, check out You Tube.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pipes

I Drilled 4 holes in the end plates on each pipe and it sounds a lot better , I think I'm gonna drill 4 more in each , trying to get the same type sound that you are describing on my B.O.S.S.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I Drilled 4 holes in the end plates on each pipe and it sounds a lot better , I think I'm gonna drill 4 more in each , trying to get the same type sound that you are describing on my B.O.S.S.
Seriously look at debaffling as well. Really adds a more deep tone. I debaffled and have 4 holes drilled in each. Sounds perfect.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the Freedom Performance Sharpe Curve. They are loud!!!!, but i feel they are the best looking pipes for the bike. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
14BOSS, your exhaust looks pretty nice. I appreciate the advise and look forward to hearing a few exhaust systems in person.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would be interested in buying those stock pipes from you. If the price was right. .

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
As already said the stock pipes can be decently lout and sound pretty good if you drill the baffles and drill 1/2" holes around the outside of the baffle in the back. I have done this and I have gotten quite a few comments about how my bike sounds good. It is not deafening loud but loud enough.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Cobra Tri Pro 2-into-one. Mine's chrome. They're available in black as well. If all you do is the pipes, you do not have to do a tuner. If you decide to change the air intake as well, you will need to do so.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Cobra Tri Pro 2-into-one. Mine's chrome. They're available in black as well. If all you do is the pipes, you do not have to do a tuner. If you decide to change the air intake as well, you will need to do so.

Just ordered mine in black... cant wait for it to arrive!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Doesn't the Velocity Pro also come in black? I like that pipe. I've got the cobra dragsters with aftermarket baffles, but they are probably louder than you would want. What? Did you say something?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive decided to have one made for my b.o.s.s.

I was going to opt for the hard krome velocity in black. I think it looks good in black and gives the sound I was after.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts