M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for one of the members on another 109 board but wanted to show it off here. I just finished this up and wanted to hang it up and take some pictures. wait until you see this installed. I layed it out so the bottom looks slammed and standing still you would think it is taking off.

Look! No tank seam and this was a little more work than the vtx because of the side panels. Like always, I rolled it up and used very little filler. It looks like a stretched monster now.Â

There is a lot going on here. Kandy tangerine, 3 different graphics colors, marblizer, 2 different flakes and 2 different metalics. I know there are some guys saying they are doing refinish work and now painting bikes.

Trust me you will never get the results with ppg or dupont refinish paints that you get from using top of the line House of Kolors products. If you want it to look a foot deep you have to use paints that are designed for custom work and built to handle all of these graphics. The refinsh paint lines would never hold up to this kind of build up.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Awesome work! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Re: New kandy house of kolors paint job for you what do you think?

OOOHHHH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! , please , don't keep us in suspense. let us see the finished bike. :2excited:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Unbelievably beautiful.

We may need to talk this winter....I've been talking to the wife about paint while the bike is garaged.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
looks great man...and good job on removing the tank seam. how much do you charge for something like this? what's the turnaround time?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have to say that you an absolute ARTIST at painting however you could do with taking a photography class. ;)
But the paint is so good who really cares!
Great Job!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
phaed said:
looks great man...and good job on removing the tank seam. how much do you charge for something like this? what's the turnaround time?
Lets just say I will work within in your budget and do as much as I can for you. There are so many variables depending on what finish you want and what the paints cost. Candies are obviously the holly grail of paint so not the cheapest. The tanks seam is $250 to remove and reseal the tank. Send me an email to [email protected] I am already way behind in getting back to people and that is the easiest way to keep track of our conversations.

·
Registered
178 Posts
good lord, that is incredible. You have got major skillz man. I just may have to up my schedule on getting something from you and nix some of my performance upgrades til later. That is freaking gorgeous. I can't wait to see it put back together.

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
:bigthumbsup: very nice......... ok make that REALLY nice :doorag:

·
Registered
666 Posts
VT ....me and you need to talk im about ready :D

im going to call you in the morning.

do you have any pic's like that in a burple????

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
texas109 said:
VT ....me and you need to talk im about ready :D

im going to call you in the morning.

do you have any pic's like that in a burple????
This is one I did recently with my own receipe of burple and cobalt blue. The bike has so much on it you can't even see the graphics. I need to have him send me some close ups. I removed the tank seam and louvers in the fenders. There are some really cool graphics under all that chrome.

The before picture

·
Registered
516 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
dam bro you are great ,that is absolutely gorgous,awsome job IM or e-mail me about getting together for a consult
Hell yes!! I am in love with the "burnt orange" of the Nissan 350Z and was wondering how much to do the bike?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Windog said:
Looks awesome,The House of Color is in my neck of the wood.Amazing what comes out of this little town.
I was just down there last week going through their advanced certification. Very Very Hot! it was 107 in their paint booth. What a week just 2 of us one on one with the people who right the tech manual and come up with the killer paints. Had a great time working with the chrome paint, pearls, kandy and some very cool secretes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You are a genius!!! I've wondered where I would get my paint job done...and hands down this is the best work I have seen. Look forward to speaking to you in the near future. AGAIN, GREAT WORK!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts