M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home after a very long day and awaiting me on my front porch was a box which contained the updated version of K&N air filters for the 2008 and newer models. When I had first installed the K&N's over this past winter I noticed that they didn't quite fit as well as I would have liked. Several of you have posted that they had similar problems.
I contacted K&N back in March and they informed that they were aware of the problem and working on it.
I will be installing these this weekend and letting everyone know how they turn out. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nothing major. just by looking at them, it appears that the edges of the filters are slightly different. hopefully they will allow the covers to fit properly.

when i installed the covers back in march after installing the k&n's i noticed that i could get the covers to fit back on but it was a touch n go process for a while. hopefully they will sit nicer now.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had to shave mine a little to get them to fit in correctly.
yes, i had to do that to on the ones i installed over the winter. they are a good seal but it took a little work to get them to that point. i think the newly designed style will not require any of that. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
windycityrider, your updated version are sold with the same part number SU-1806?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
windycityrider, your updated version are sold with the same part number SU-1806?
where did you purchase the new filters? is there a different filter number than the previous?
sorry guys, i have been having some rather long days lately due to flight delays.

@ Georgepty: i just got home and check the box and YES, they are the same part number SU-1806.

@ heatseekerpoe: i didn't purchase the filters. K&N sent me their updated version directly from their warehouse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts