M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a JSD-2M installed on my bike since May 06.  Had some issues with -2M TRE.  Installed Jeff's new -3M TRE.  This new device is working excellent.  With bike in neutral, clutch out (disengaged), the idle is 900 rpm.  No rpm change, with clutch in or out, in neutral.  No FI lights.  Neutral light comes on when bike is put in neutral.  The red line limiter (7300 on this bike) is working as designed.  1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear red lines at 7300 on this bike.  Cruising at city speeds is smooth and steady.  Hard acceleration has no bogginess or hesitation.

This bike now exhibits the factory characteristics with the TRE enhancement.   :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
:super: ive got the last jsd-3m,,the one with the higher idle,,,i love the shirt out of it,,but would like the no up-idle thing,,i went to jsd's web site and couldnt find the NEW one,, could someone post the new one's stock ## so i can get my order out ?? oh buy the way i dont have cluth problems----yet !!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
caliber said:
:super: ive got the last jsd-3m,,the one with the higher idle,,,i love the shirt out of it,,but would like the no up-idle thing,,i went to jsd's web site and couldnt find the NEW one,, could someone post the new one's stock ## so i can get my order out ?? oh buy the way i dont have cluth problems----yet !!! :bigthumbsup:
Email/PM Jeffw with your request.

·
Registered
514 Posts
caliber said:
:super: ive got the last jsd-3m,,the one with the higher idle,,,i love the shirt out of it,,but would like the no up-idle thing,,i went to jsd's web site and couldnt find the NEW one,, could someone post the new one's stock ## so i can get my order out ?? oh buy the way i dont have cluth problems----yet !!! :bigthumbsup:
JSD-3M is the new one......... you order, I send :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just ordered the JSD-3M Jeff, looking forward to installing it!!!   :doorag:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey Jeff,

I layman terms (I'm not an electrician) what made the difference in the former vs the new one?? I mean... why did the idle speed increase over factory spec?? Thanks.

mania

·
Registered
721 Posts
Ready to buy....

Has anyone used a cc to buy yet??
I have never heard of "2checkout.com" before... any experience good or bad with them ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Pr0wl3r-X said:
Ready to buy....

I have never heard of "2checkout.com" before... any experience good or bad with them ?
I used my CC and had no issues. I don't blame you for being cautious.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nester said:
Had a JSD-2M installed on my bike since May 06. Had some issues with -2M TRE. Installed Jeff's new -3M TRE. This new device is working excellent. With bike in neutral, clutch out (disengaged), the idle is 900 rpm. No rpm change, with clutch in or out, in neutral. No FI lights. Neutral light comes on when bike is put in neutral. The red line limiter (7300 on this bike) is working as designed. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear red lines at 7300 on this bike. Cruising at city speeds is smooth and steady. Hard acceleration has no bogginess or hesitation.

This bike now exhibits the factory characteristics with the TRE enhancement.  :bigthumbsup:
Cool.

I'll be installing mine soon.........................which BTW is the third JSD ( 2 in the the gixxers) I get from Jeff :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
2checkout is just another firm that provides a "virtual" credit card terminal for online internet shopping. They provide a direct link to a bank for visa/mc/amex, etc processing.

I have used in on my store around 1000 time in the past 5 years, not had a problem yet.

Having said t hat, I am switching to paypals credit card terminal just as soon as my sote software support it. I have a new store ready to go, but really would like a single payment point.....

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
109 mania said:
Hey Jeff,

I layman terms (I'm not an electrician) what made the difference in the former vs the new one?? I mean... why did the idle speed increase over factory spec?? Thanks.

mania
if he told ya that, you wouldn't have to buy a new one...now would ya.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Pr0wl3r-X said:
Ready to buy....

I bought the original 3m from Jeff using a CC and had no issues with the transaction whatsoever. Billing was straight, shipping prompt, etc...  :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Got the new improved 3 today. It got rid of the high idle in N, but now I've got a dim neutral light and the FI light on. Seems to run fine but the lights are on. Any info? Maybe a ground issue? There's no ground wire on this one so I'm stumped. The connections are not rocket science stuff so what gives?

·
Registered
514 Posts
slowpoke387 said:
Got the new improved 3 today. It got rid of the high idle in N, but now I've got a dim neutral light and the FI light on. Seems to run fine but the lights are on. Any info? Maybe a ground issue? There's no ground wire on this one so I'm stumped. The connections are not rocket science stuff so what gives?
I posted on the other JSD post that you have made..... it has a few things for you to check.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey, Jeff
Just wondering how the ol' ticker is doing. Hope you're feeling better and the prognosis is good :bigthumbsup:

Sorry about hijacking the thread :redfaced:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Still waiting weaiting waiting I guess being so far away i have to wait longer I am sure the wat is worth it thou

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just installed the latest 3m (green wires) this morning. It went on fine and there were no bells and whistles going off when I started the bike. The idle was right at 1k rpm and the only problem I had was the bike shutting off when I shifted into 1st gear. Since I work the graveyard shift (long night) it took my a few tries before I remembered to put the kickstand up (LOL)!

Anyway, I thought that the bike rev'd a little quicker and I felt a punch at about 4500 rpms. I don't know if it was substantially faster than stock, however, I will say that for a mere $44.00 and a painless install I feel that the product is worth it. Assuming that my engine doesn't blow on my 1st long ride of course! All kidding aside, I am happy that I purchased the 3m.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts