M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and upgraded the air intakes from the salad bowls to Barons.......took the bully out on the highway for the first time the other day with the new intakes.

WOW! What a difference it makes. With Cobra swept exhaust, new intakes the bike is F.A.S.T!!!!! I thought it was fast before, amazed how a couple little upgrades really brought out the ponies!

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
I went and upgraded the air intakes from the salad bowls to Barons.......took the bully out on the highway for the first time the other day with the new intakes.

WOW! What a difference it makes. With Cobra swept exhaust, new intakes the bike is F.A.S.T!!!!! I thought it was fast before, amazed how a couple little upgrades really brought out the ponies!
That all sounds good, and very familiar, as many of us have gone through that stage and process. However, I would be remiss if I didn't inform you that what you've just experienced pales in comparison what you could/would experience in the event you ever have a FULL ECU FLASH performed by BCS. By the way, now that you have aftermarket air intakes, and an aftermarket exhaust on your bike, have you also added any sort of Fuel Tuner to balance and regulate both your fuel to match your improved/increase in your bike's air flow? Also, what do those Barons Air Intakes look like? Can you post pics of your bike with your new air intakes installed?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That all sounds good, and very familiar, as many of us have gone through that stage and process. However, I would be remiss if I didn't inform you that what you've just experienced pales in comparison what you could/would experience in the event you ever have a FULL ECU FLASH performed by BCS. By the way, now that you have aftermarket air intakes, and an aftermarket exhaust on your bike, have you also added any sort of Fuel Tuner to balance and regulate both your fuel to match your improved/increase in your bike's air flow? Also, what do those Barons Air Intakes look like? Can you post pics of your bike with your new air intakes installed?
Thanks for the input. ECU flash is planned for this winter. I do have a fuel regulator, I installed it last year. I don't remember what it's called but it works so that the FI light won't come on. I'm guessing it's the same thing. Pics coming soon. I posted some on a FB Suzuki Boulevard owners group but I'll post some here asap

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures of intake:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Thanks for the input. ECU flash is planned for this winter. I do have a fuel regulator, I installed it last year. I don't remember what it's called but it works so that the FI light won't come on. I'm guessing it's the same thing. Pics coming soon. I posted some on a FB Suzuki Boulevard owners group but I'll post some here asap
A fuel (FI) tuner really has nothing to do with keeping your FI light from coming on.
If you run the bike without a fuel tuner you will not throw a FI fault.
If anything you will be running a bit on the lean side but that will not cause a fault indication.

The device most associated with keeping the FI fault light from coming on when they install a aftermarket exhaust is a ESE (Exhaust Servo Eliminator) which has nothing to do with adjusting the fuel or tuning the bike.

Can't say which it is you have (who knows you may have both) , but just wanted to throw this out there to un-muck the water a bit (so to speak) for anyone who does not know better and may read the post in the future.

BCS

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A fuel (FI) tuner really has nothing to do with keeping your FI light from coming on.
If you run the bike without a fuel tuner you will not throw a FI fault.
If anything you will be running a bit on the lean side but that will not cause a fault indication.

The device most associated with keeping the FI fault light from coming on when they install a aftermarket exhaust is a ESE (Exhaust Servo Eliminator) which has nothing to do with adjusting the fuel or tuning the bike.

Can't say which it is you have (who knows you may have both) , but just wanted to throw this out there to un-muck the water a bit (so to speak) for anyone who does not know better and may read the post in the future.

BCS
That's (ESE) probably what's installed then.......your input is appreciated. Learning everyday is a good thing. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts