M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just stumbled on this Fi unit on ebay. It makes some nice sounding claims, and they claim +30 hp and +40 ft lbs increase. I dont know if anyone has one of these, I would like to know if it's worth it. If you or someone you know has any hard dyno numbers or a good or bad experience post up and let us know. I am thinking it sounds too good to be true but for $25 its worth checking out right?

this is the ebay ad
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...3fffa71e5&rvr_id=&ua=WVI7&itemid=330445706324

The economy is suckin right now, so this may be my only option unless the wife lets me snake some bigger bucks for the Cobra or bully.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,770 Posts
30 HP and 40 ft/lbs torque just from a controller? Ridiculous!
Not on our bikes. If you have intakes and exhaust, it may give you an extra handful of ponies, but nowhere near that claim!

EDIT: I just followed the link. That thing is pure snake oil. Stay away.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is. I run a Cobra FI2000r,a homemade cold air intake with K&N's and a set of V&H Bigshots...I probably picked up 5-10 Hp and 6-8 ftlbs of TQ. Course if you believe in magic :D

G

·
I just stumbled on this Fi unit on ebay. It makes some nice sounding claims, and they claim +30 hp and +40 ft lbs increase. I dont know if anyone has one of these, I would like to know if it's worth it. If you or someone you know has any hard dyno numbers or a good or bad experience post up and let us know. I am thinking it sounds too good to be true but for $25 its worth checking out right?

this is the ebay ad
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...3fffa71e5&rvr_id=&ua=WVI7&itemid=330445706324

The economy is suckin right now, so this may be my only option unless the wife lets me snake some bigger bucks for the Cobra or bully.
They may as well have told you that this thing will make the bike capable of time travel. It would be about as likely...

·
Registered
547 Posts
They may as well have told you that this thing will make the bike capable of time travel. It would be about as likely...
heheeh I like this one and agree. ^-^

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it does ound too good to be true. I emailed the seller and he said it was realy 5 to 10 hp....I may get ahold of one and dyno it. If it is $#it then I am only out 25 bucks, if it works at all well then I will post up about it.

Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Be very careful on what you hook up to your computer. I would bet a new computer costs way more than 25 bucks. The last thing you want is something that makes it go lean or takes out some programming function. Just saying. Pistons and liners cost big bucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts