M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was tired of the mess around the garage and decided to give my 9 a better "room".
My house looks like a museum but the wife and my kids show no respect to Daddy's spot.
A big dumpster and the rest... well, pictures will show...

BEFORE

After (just got done)

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
better, but what happened to the fridge with the cold beer?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice.. I am way jealous..:bigthumbsup:

Beats my detached two car barn.. I mean garage..

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I could not stop from actualy laughing out loud.

Your before shot is roughly 25% as paked tight as my garage.:nojoke:

And, you should have seen it before I cleaned it out 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could not stop from actualy laughing out loud.

Your before shot is roughly 25% as paked tight as my garage.:nojoke:

And, you should have seen it before I cleaned it out 2 weeks ago.
My kids went to grandma's home for their summer vacation and I decided to take over my spot. The pictures were taken to remind my family how I want the garage from now on. It was so drastic that I decided to share with y'all.
It was very embarrassing when friends come over and the inevitable question comes: "Can we see your bike?":redfaced::redfaced::redfaced:
Now she has a decent spot.:D

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
My kids went to grandma's home for their summer vacation and I decided to take over my spot. The pictures were taken to remind my family how I want the garage from now on. It was so drastic that I decided to share with y'all.
It was very embarrassing when friends come over and the inevitable question comes: "Can we see your bike?":redfaced::redfaced::redfaced:
Now she has a decent spot.:D
Don't get me wrong. I am not knocking yours, I was saying that your beffore is better than I could hope for as an after.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
:eek: YOU GOT RID OF THE DOG?!?!?!? :yikes:
I was about to say the same thing. It seems as he got rid of everything white; The door, the fridge, and even the little Maltese:joke:. The garage looks great after your "Spring Clean-Up":bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i love my garage now but can not wait to get a house. so i can expand. i can only imagine what will come out of a bigger garage/shop area will yield.

very nice sir.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
215 Posts
That looks really nice. Gave me some ideas for mine. Thanks

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
hey what did you do for prep work before you painted the floor??
and what sealer paint did you use?
This is the second time I do this and learned from my earlier mistake.
First you have to determine what finish they used (if they used any), latex of acrylic/zylene.
Zylene is the best but it can't go on top of the latex.
The secret is taking your time with thin coats and allowing 24 hours for recoating.
I did two since is the second time and came out great!
Latex prep:
-Wash with some mutiatic acid and scrub with a 3M abrasive pad (like the one we use in our kitchens).
-Allow 24 hours so the floor is completely dry
-Follow manufacturer's instructions regarding drying time between coats and do not allow tires to "sit" on the floor for the first two weeks.

Zylene
You do the same prep above and at the end you have the option for a high gloss sealer.

The brand I used in my house came from Wal-mart. Is pretty cheap and does the work.

I ordered a bunch of cool signs from ebay to hang on my walls and I'll post another picture once they arrive.
Take care!

·
Registered
140 Posts
good job............and i was all happy that i got a used cycle shell today. My kids now have a "play room" for all their toys and i got a cycle shell.......wtf is wrong with this picture?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
good job............and i was all happy that i got a used cycle shell today. My kids now have a "play room" for all their toys and i got a cycle shell.......wtf is wrong with this picture?
:dontknow::dontknow:What picture? Do you have a picture of the shell?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts