M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys!!!!!! Hopefully new 9 will be in next week!!!! Got a question though...getting the cobra swept exaust, will i need a pc for that system? How are do guys with this system like it...i want a nice deep exhaust note with a sound that can be heard/loud. Also like the shape of the swept!!!! Any feed back will be appreciated!!! Also, is this install something i can do or should i leave it to the stealership??? Thanks for letting me share!! Will post pics soon as she arrives...Promise!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
The general consensus is that if you do a pipe mod OR an air mod you are OK without doing a fuel manager. If you do both, you need a fuel manger (PC III, FI 2000, etc).

I have heard these pipes and they are pretty loud and sound pretty good. The deepest sounding pipes I have heard are the Roadhouse slip-ons(which I have) and the Roadburner 2 into 1.

If you have some decent tools and are fairly mechanical, you can do it yourself.

:welcome:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok

i know bout the search...just wanted to hear some fresh news...that's all....thanks for the reply's all...holla

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cobra swepts

If it were up to me to advise you, I would say get the efi control. My sweeps gave me a studder at about 35 mph in 3rd that I didn't like and tuning it out with the fi2000 was the ticket. Its not that much money.:doorag:
Kool i'm gonna do the PC or is the fi200 less money and will they both do the same...thanks for the reply...so you have the baffles in or out!!! and do they sould real good???

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Welcome, not much help buy I'm installing my swepts on Sun, baffles out and a cobra fi2000 as well. I'll post up on it after the install

Welcome to the forum from Md.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
swepts

Welcome, not much help buy I'm installing my swepts on Sun, baffles out and a cobra fi2000 as well. I'll post up on it after the install

Welcome to the forum from Md.:bigthumbsup:
Thanks.please keep me posted on that install and you say baffles out!!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
The FI2000 is just a simpler version of the PC. It does cost a bit less, but does not give you as many options to change the map. I have Scorpion tips and a FI2000 and it works great. Sounds deep loud and rumbling. Just don't lean over tooooo far to the right and you'll be good.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
welcome from milwaukee wis.

:congrats: you have chosen a great sounding exhaust i love them.Be careful on leaning over to the right you will scrape them on the lower part of the shield i have done this but you cant see it unless you are laying on the floor.I left the baffles in and there still loud enough to set off car alarms.Enjoy your new found torque monster.Ride safe ride smart stay alive.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
:welcome:to the 9 family and :congrats:. I installed my side burner and it was a tad lean so I would say if you can swing it get the pc or other management system and then no worries:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I love the swepts. They growl nice and mean until you crack the throttle and they scream :bigthumbsup: I think theres a valve or something in there that opens up to allow more exhaust to release at higher RPM.

You'll love going under the overpasses and rolling your right hand. :D

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
alot of people like the sweeps, but if you lower it be careful they will scrap some. but you will love the sound of them.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks

thanks guys soo much for the warm welcome...glad to be here...cant' wait to get the 9 home!!!!!!!!!!!!! holla

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I love the swepts. They growl nice and mean until you crack the throttle and they scream :bigthumbsup: I think theres a valve or something in there that opens up to allow more exhaust to release at higher RPM.

You'll love going under the overpasses and rolling your right hand. :D
LOL, there is no valve in there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts