M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys be easy on me.
I have a question, I am eyeing a leftover 2009 Suzuki M90 at a dealer. Ofcourse there is no existing warranty on the old 2009 models at this time. Crazy thing is the Bike is brand new with only 27 miles om it.

before I think about buying I have questions..

I ride my bikes daily, coming from riding a ZX-6R sport Bike to work, play etc...I want to transition to a cruiser. I read that the M90 is the perfect transitional bike as it handles almost like a sportbike.

Daily commuting to work little bit of highway all city how nimble is the M90 through traffic? can I negotiate between cars effectively if you get my meaning?

What about the gas mileage?

Any known problems on the M90? that having a Warranty would be needed?

Slow Manuvers in a parking lot etc...how good is the M90?

Anybody have any daily riding experience on their M90 please chime in

This forum looks wonderful btw...hoping to be riding soon with you guys. ^_^

·
Registered
207 Posts
OK, first you definitely want to check the tires for cracks on the sides and between the treads. Ask for a reduction in $$ in anticipation of their replacement. Now I came off of a CBR929 to an M90 and I can definitely say, it is nimble for a cruiser but it is in no way close to handling like a sportbike. The fact that it is over 1/3 of a ton and 5 and 1/2 feet between the axles will definitely keep that from happening. Its pretty good in traffic but I don't split cars anymore. This thing feels wide and is wide. But its definitely one of the better ways to get to and from anywhere. Seat sits low so you feel like you're sitting in it not on it. Gas mileage I'm not sure of. I just know its better than the Honda Pilot I had when I bought it. Slow maneuvering is pretty good. But the pegs drag a bit early in the twisties and ramps. The brakes, while not stellar, are adequate. The only known problem with the M90 is the rectifier which should have been replaced already. Verify that it has. Here's part of the service bulletin:

~~~>"American Suzuki is recalling 73,426 motorcycles built between July 2007 and September 2009 for an electrical fault. The problem is insufficient adhesion between the power module and the rectifier case, which allows heat to build up and deform the circuit board. That can mean the module will release uncontrolled current, causing the battery to drain."

It sounds like you are looking for a cruiser with more sportbike like qualities, so I would also advise you to test ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak. That was actually my first choice for a cruiser. But I am more than happy with my Suzuki M90. Its predicable and manageable for me. Its has a very comfortable riding position until you get past 85mph and the wind starts blasting you backwards, but you can add a V Stream shield that flows well with the look of the bike. It looks good, says "bring it" to mods, and the price was definitely right! Bulletproof engine and trans and no chain to oil or adjust YAAAAY! Besides, my wife actually likes to ride on this with me. This is my transportation for half of the year. When you transition from a sportbike to a cruiser, you gotta be ready for a serious commitment my friend. You're gonna enjoy riding on a whole different level!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts