M109 Riders banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
I was just thinking about buying one. I guess I'll hold off for now...
Pete, I just purchased a lift, haven't even used it yet. I got it off Amazon and it is made by Strongway. Seems to be very solid. Only problem I see is that if I get this new to me 109 I don't think this lift will go under the 5.1" height of the bike. I think the Strongway only goes down to 5.5".

I was just at Harbor Freight the other day, and they actually have three different hydraulic lifts on display. They had one that I had not seen before, made like a shop jack but with the flat bars to contact the frame of the bike. Looked really solid. The ram runs parallel to the floor. Not sure if they have it on their online catalog.

HTH
Marty

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Pete, I just purchased a lift, haven't even used it yet. I got it off Amazon and it is made by Strongway. Seems to be very solid. Only problem I see is that if I get this new to me 109 I don't think this lift will go under the 5.1" height of the bike. I think the Strongway only goes down to 5.5".

I was just at Harbor Freight the other day, and they actually have three different hydraulic lifts on display. They had one that I had not seen before, made like a shop jack but with the flat bars to contact the frame of the bike. Looked really solid. The ram runs parallel to the floor. Not sure if they have it on their online catalog.

HTH
Marty
I think Pete was talking about this kind:
http://www.harborfreight.com/automo...0-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-68892-8495.html

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have the big lift from Harbor Freight. I have not had any issues.. I do have to make sure my air ride is all the way up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
place a piece of 2X6 on the floor ,
not high enough , one for each Wheel , ride onto them , you can place a third one for the kickstand ,
your legs are too short ?? 2 more for your feet , ....:D
that is all I have , maximum of 5 pièces of wood on the ground before you slide the jack Under the bike ,

41 - 45 of 45 Posts