M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hard way to get a 109. This was my sons bike. He crashed his 04 mach 1 on 12-20-2009 & passed. He left me his 109, so i have a few ?'s on it. Sume of you may have meet him around Ft. Worth or Cleburne. I think he was a member of this site. So i brought it home this weekend & it is low on water sight gauge is below low level. I am sorry to ask but i can't get the front covers off to fill it with water. A silly question but i don't know this bike. So any info would help. Thanks for any help before hand. This is a 2007 109.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi texasred and welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I'm very sorry to hear about your son.

In regards to your question about how to top off the coolant, check out this thread for a really smart and easy way to do this.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115799&highlight=overflow

Good luck with the bike. You've come to the right place to get your questions answered.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. He is missed by all. And thank you for info on this. I will check this out. This may not be may last question about this bike so hope everyone will bear with me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Should see if you can find a repair book for the nine too.

Sorry for you lose man.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
:welcome: to the forum and sorry to hear the way you got your 9.

You should download the service manual at this link. CLICK HERE

Take your time pulling it apart so you do not break any of the plastic parts. The owners manual may even show you haw to do it also.

Enjoy her and ride safe. :doorag:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,077 Posts
:welcome: to the forum, and I'm terribly sorry for your loss too. We'll keep your son in our thoughts and prayers.

I fill mine through the overflow tube hanging below the bike. I usually take a turkey baster and just squeeze it up through the tube, keeping a pan or bowl under it to catch what runs back out. To get the plastics off you need to remove the bolt at the back of the tank (remove the seat) then slide it back an inch or two. This exposes a screw on each side that you have to remove to take the covers off, plus there's a coupe others you can already see and a clip on the top. Or if you have long fingers you can reach behind the plastics and remove the rubber stopper in the reservoir and fill it with a long hose with a funnel on the end.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Sorry man, that's got to be an unbelievably tough loss. You lost a son and we lost a brother. Stick around!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. The people here are really helpful & know there stuff. :welcome: to the site, just wish it was under diffrent circumstances.

·
Registered
236 Posts
sorry for your loss, :welcome:to the forum, you can find alot of info on this site.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Condolenscences and prayers to you and your family:pray:. I am from Texas, what was your son's profile name?

:welcome: to the club and be safe.

Ride on...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all for your replys. Wayne was 28. I don't know his site name sorry. I will try the bottle way first to fill the rad. Again thank you all for the help. I will try & ride it a little, I have very BAD knees, rt one the worst. And I haven't riden in yrs. Be safe all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Much sympathy for your loss. May God's peace and grace be upon you.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Thanks all for your replys. Wayne was 28. I don't know his site name sorry. I will try the bottle way first to fill the rad. Again thank you all for the help. I will try & ride it a little, I have very BAD knees, rt one the worst. And I haven't riden in yrs. Be safe all.
Your profile name "Texasred" is very similar to one of the Texas members. Sorry to hear about your knees and I hope the 109R therapy works for you.

Texasshredman are you out there? Jus making sure you was alright boss???

Ride on.....

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Hard way to get a 109. This was my sons bike. He crashed his 04 mach 1 on 12-20-2009 & passed. He left me his 109, so i have a few ?'s on it. Sume of you may have meet him around Ft. Worth or Cleburne. I think he was a member of this site. So i brought it home this weekend & it is low on water sight gauge is below low level. I am sorry to ask but i can't get the front covers off to fill it with water. A silly question but i don't know this bike. So any info would help. Thanks for any help before hand. This is a 2007 109.
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of one of your own. :'(

When you fill the reservoir on your 109, try not to fill much past the low line. When the bike is at operating temperature, the coolant in the radiator expands sending overflow back to the reservoir tank. If you filled the reservoir to the full line when the bike is cold, excess antifreeze will overflow out of the overflow tube when the bike is hot (slippery stuff for your rear tire). Just fill the reservoir about an inch past the low line and it will read right at the full line when hot with no leakage. :bigthumbsup: :welcome:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome

Welcome Tex,

Sorry also to hear about your son. You inheriting his bike will open up many new friendships and some really good times for you I hope.

I haven't had my 9 for long either and it's simply amazing the information you can get on this forum. Joining is the best thing you did. Take your time with the bike and get to know it. We are all here to help you in any way.

The Frequently Asked Questions and search functions are my two favorite parts of the forum.

Again welcome and good luck with the 9!
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I thank all of you for your support on son & my questions. I will post the outcome as soon as i get it done. I have another question on this bike, Wayne run a 7.99 1/8 mile at Abilene Dragway on it in 2008. I think this is a good time at a strip. Wayne was 6'1" 225lbs so it carryed a load with him on it. So my i ask if anyone else run at a dragstip on theirs & the times. He showed me the time slip but i don't remember top speed just time. Thanks all be safe.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your son. :welcome: to the forum...you will learn everything you need to know on here....the guys are great and help all the time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts