M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my new Chrome Gas Cap from RIS Designs and although pretty insignificant compared to all the other things I have done to my baby, this is really a nice touch. Highly recommend it - it's the little things that separate you from the crowd...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't have to modify the gasket at all like the older style OEM caps require. Hopefully all will work fine but I will check it to see if there is any pressure building by removing the cap frequently.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
GAS CAP

I had a terrible time with their gas caps. I still have mine to send back. Even the one with the two small holes drilled in it sucked a dent in my gas tank. Running Cobra pipes, with Thunder intakes.

Be careful. :a18::eek:

·
Registered
226 Posts
would have been a nice cap if it was quality done and functional. If you have any troubles with it venting ( alot of people did including me ) pm me and I will show you pictures of what to do to make it work properly, no holes through the top like ris tried to do to make it work, and you dont have to cut stock gasket.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input, never thought about problems that could arise, didn't think to research what seemed to be such a simple piece... I'll let you know if anything becomes of it but for now will take it off periodically when out on the road to see if it's building up any kind of vacuum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts