M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running down my checklist. Got to have everything done by Thursday. This afternoon I played hookie and came home and installed the front Kury Akyn LED turn signals with the equalizer. I opted to leave the chrome piece below the headlight. I think it is part of the aerodynamics of the bike and like its look.

Relatively easy to install. Just had to cut the mounting bolts so they would fit. And Suzuki sure has a trick to get that one hidden bolt out on each side. You have to stick the allen wrench into the hole where the stock turn signals were to get one of the bolts loose. Junk Yard Dog and Lamont got me squared away on the wiring and I soldered all of the connections.

Still got to do the rear turn signals, license plate light, Amsoil oil change and do about 200 miles on Sunday to wear the tires down and I will be ready for Sturgis. Its 13 days away and I am ready to roll.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
those look sweet. one of these days i'll get around to doing mine. want to order all my next customizing needs in one shot. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hal,
I want to mount the Big Bike Eagle Eye mediums up front. The threaded mount bolt is considerably more narrow than the Eagle Eye's. How did you overcome with these?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hal you don't have to worry about breaking in your tires, I think Lamont could handle that. LOL :a20:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FL109er said:
Hal,
I want to mount the Big Bike Eagle Eye mediums up front. The threaded mount bolt is considerably more narrow than the Eagle Eye's. How did you overcome with these?
Used 2 washers on each side. I had them in the garage. They act as spacers and cover up the big hole and reduce it down to the LED bolt size..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts