M109 Riders banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Good news, got my Polyurethane bushings ordered from Tracy today.

Ill keep these on hand for the next time they need to be changed out.

Registered
Good news, got my Polyurethane bushings ordered from Tracy today.

Ill keep these on hand for the next time they need to be changed out.
POLY ONES HUH? ??? HOW DO WE GET THESE?

Registered
Ordered Tonight

Well needed something to do while watching the Super Bore tonight. So what else does a Canadian with -40f temperatures do? Orders engine mounts from Palomino MFG!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Mine arrived today.

Ill put them aside for the next time I need to change mine.

Very hard indeed, no flex what so ever, so im sure they wont wear out. Just hope they dont introduce any undue buzz or vibration in the handle bars.

Registered
Mine arrived today.

Ill put them aside for the next time I need to change mine.

Very hard indeed, no flex what so ever, so im sure they wont wear out. Just hope they dont introduce any undue buzz or vibration in the handle bars.
Mine had a lot of buzzing, especially in the mirrors and foot pegs. I ended up swapping them with the rear uppers and that helped.

Registered
I had done the engine mount change to the new harder OEM mounts prior to the initial post above, so I cannot take the OEM mounts back.

If these ones wear out in another 10,000 km. I may consider the BillyDump ones again at that time.
I was unable to get some from Tracy due to low core stock when I needed to do mine years ago. I went with the harder OEM mounts as well. Its been about 8k miles on them since I changed them and started to notice a vibration in my mirrors again at 3k ish RPM. I decided to pull them and put the solid ones from Tracy in a few weeks back. The harder rears were worn, not worn out like the original ones I had pulled at the 6k miles. Id plan to do the swap again in 8 to 10k miles to help keep the wear and tear off the other 4.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
I was unable to get some from Tracy due to low core stock when I needed to do mine years ago. I went with the harder OEM mounts as well. Its been about 8k miles on them since I changed them and started to notice a vibration in my mirrors again at 3k ish RPM. I decided to pull them and put the solid ones from Tracy in a few weeks back. The harder rears were worn, not worn out like the original ones I had pulled at the 6k miles. Id plan to do the swap again in 8 to 10k miles to help keep the wear and tear off the other 4.
Yea, I hear ya.

I also ordered another set of OEM hard mounts. I figure in another 10-15Km if they are gone ill swap the fronts with Tracy's Urethane's and put the OEM hard ones in the back.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts