M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Those are pretty sweet looking :)

How does braking compare between the two is all I will want to know ;)

Test them Hal, test them!

:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wave rotors are cool but way over priced for what they are IMO.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
slickdj96 said:
Wave rotors are cool but way over priced for what they are IMO.
All those edges supposedly greatly improve stopping power though. Plus they look cool.
Right now my breaks still feel awsome. I can wait, but when the time comes I might look at them.

Sledzep

·
Registered
849 Posts
Please get comparitive weights when you pull the old one's off.
Oh, by the way(weigh), I had a friend weigh the Avon 250/40HR18 and it was right at 19.6 pounds according to him.
Jer

·
Registered
161 Posts
Unless you guys are experiencing a LOT of brake fade then I doubt you'll be able to tell much from swapping to ultra expensive wave rotors IMHO. You would do much, MUCH better to go with braided brake lines if you wanted to improve your braking. But if you just want that ultra cool look than they do pull it off, for a price.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
DFW_Warrior said:
Unless you guys are experiencing a LOT of brake fade then I doubt you'll be able to tell much from swapping to ultra expensive wave rotors IMHO. You would do much, MUCH better to go with braided brake lines if you wanted to improve your braking. But if you just want that ultra cool look than they do pull it off, for a price.
You absolutely right about the Stainless Braided Brake Lines. The best and biggest improvement in breaking performance you can buy :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
bob109 said:
You absolutely right about the Stainless Braided Brake Lines. The best and biggest improvement in breaking performance you can buy :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
You can also upgrade to a set of carbon/metalic brake pads, which should offer better initial bite and less fade.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think any pads other than Suzuki are available yet.

I search everyday for stuff that fits the M109. It may not be something that a lot of people will buy but its important that folks know what is available.

·
Registered
181 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
I don't think any pads other than Suzuki are available yet.

I search everyday for stuff that fits the M109. It may not be something that a lot of people will buy but its important that folks know what is available.
Hey Hal - are the Tokico calipers on the 109 a different size than the one's on the gixxers??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts