M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put on my Kuryakyn Switchblade pegs today. Purchased from Direct Line Parts (Part # KUR-4446) along with the adaptors that are needed (Part # KUR-7939).

Just a few comments about Direct Line Parts, who also sponsors this awesome site, in case you have not purchased from them before. This was my first purchase and I must say - these guys make buying from them very easy. I had a few questions, so gave them a call. Phone was answered on 3rd ring by a guy named Drew! He was fantastic :bigthumbsup: Drew answered the few questions I had and since I needed the parts shipped same day, he advised that he should take the order while on the phone (since Internet orders are processed the next day). Drew took the order (this was around 1:00 pm CST) and I told him I needed them shipped overnight so I would have them today for a ride this weekend! No problem - he took the order, quoted me the price including overnight shipping and had me off of the phone in about 10 minutes, but not once did I feel rushed. Most amazing - he actually thanked me for my business! KUDOS to Drew and the entire DLP team :a18: :clap2: :a18: Shipment arrived this morning by UPS and it took me about 20 minutes to put the pegs on. An easy install :D The pegs are really comfortable, and look nice! Pictures are at:





Also adjusted my handlebars today. Just followed the guidelines at http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1642.0
All worked out great - only took me about 30 minutes or so. Much more comfortable :D

Hope all of you enjoy the ride!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Investor: what do you think?? 1)does it open by itself when you lean to much, I remember reading that the little stub would catch and force it open. 2)I'm one of the ones that has problems with foot placement, but I'm too chicken sh-- ! to start bending and cutting so the ? is how is the placement of your foot (pegs open) in relation to the break. I'm dying to get something like switchblades to help on long rides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EL said:
Investor: what do you think?? 1)does it open by itself when you lean to much, I remember reading that the little stub would catch and force it open. 2)I'm one of the ones that has problems with foot placement, but I'm too chicken sh-- ! to start bending and cutting so the ? is how is the placement of your foot (pegs open) in relation to the break. I'm dying to get something like switchblades to help on long rides.
Took a long ride this evening and I'm super happy with these pegs :hot: 1. Pegs did not open once.....now I may not ride as radical as some on this site, but only scraped my left peg once this evening, and she stayted closed just fine. 2. These pegs are super comfortable :D. Feel close to have having your foot on a floor board. I already adjusted my brake forward a couple of notches, so that problem already eliminated when they are closed. When they are opened, there is really no problem in relation to the brake, at least for me (size 10.5) because with my heel resting on the back of the peg, only the very front of my boot is resting on the front of the peg. Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,714 Posts
I have the switchblades too. I also lowered my bike with JasonZ lowering bones. I have scraped the pegs a couple of times but they have never opened up on me. I now have it down to a science and I can open the blades when I need them an close them as well all while moving not to diffcult. overall great pegs....
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Investor said:
Took a long ride this evening and I'm super happy with these pegs :hot: 1. Pegs did not open once.....now I may not ride as radical as some on this site, but only scraped my left peg once this evening, and she stayted closed just fine. 2. These pegs are super comfortable :D. Feel close to have having your foot on a floor board. I already adjusted my brake forward a couple of notches, so that problem already eliminated when they are closed. When they are opened, there is really no problem in relation to the brake, at least for me (size 10.5) because with my heel resting on the back of the peg, only the very front of my boot is resting on the front of the peg. Hope this helps.
Glad they are working good for you. ;)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lamonster said:
Glad they are working good for you. ;)

Well, like I said, I don't ride as radical as some may on this site :yikes: :yikes: Just curious, ya think that may be a result of your bike being lowered?
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Investor said:
Well, like I said, I don't ride as radical as some may on this site :yikes: :yikes: Just curious, ya think that may be a result of your bike being lowered?
I don't ride the twisties with my bike lowered. I have air remember. :doorag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
I've had mine on for months - first thing I replaced... had to make a custom adaptor til Directline figured out that the 7939 adaptor for the Volusia 800 / Honda GL 1800 is the right one.

I scrape them hard when I corner hard (and that's quite a bit :bigthumbsup: ) but knowing that, I expect it...

I find they slipped down a bit on the old mounts - I might go with some blue or red locktite in the threading to see if that helps - doubt it though...

The floorboard option posted somewhere else is a little dangerous I think - the switchblade allows you to switch to a highway riding position but in stop and go traffic, I wouldn't want the floor board with the positioning of the gear lever and brake lever (although I use the fronts most anyway) "Up" instead of "In Front"...

My $0.02 :doorag:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top