M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
BlkM109r said:
no, you should hate PeeCee's and get a Mac :D Quicktime is the premier video app out there.
Actually my next 'puter will be a Mac ;)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
BlkM109r said:
no, you should hate PeeCee's and get a Mac :D Quicktime is the premier video app out there.
It may be good for graphic applications but sucks for business applications & amount of software available. Most businesses also use the PC unless heavy graphic applications are needed. Please do not think I'm bashing you for using a MAC but your line of work is great for the MAC. :doorag:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Quicktime works fine with my PC.....course my laptop is cookin a gig-o-ram, 2 - 100gb hds, and a 2.8 ghz or was it 2.3 ghz AMD Turion64

·
Registered
211 Posts
I got quicktime but I can't see anything. ::)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
gaMrider said:
i want a MAC!!! know where i can get a good deal on one! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
There's no such thing.. Mac's cost what Steve Jobs wants them too and people that want them pay it cause they don't crash, don't really get sick and they just plain work, work, work.

And may I say, I wouldn't have picked Nicholas Cage for Ghost Rider, but after seeing the trailers, I damned sure think he's got the stuff for it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
MACS crash all the time, they just don't publicize them like PCs crashing...

I work on computers... seen just as many MACS with problems as PCs :)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Oh well... I can't watch it.. I tried, but my Quicktime player says it could not play the movie because "a bad public movie atom was found in the movie" Whatever the hell that means... :dontknow:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
there's a bunch of Mac myths floating around, perpetrated mostly, I'm guessing, by PC IT guys who want to keep their jobs.
Macs are not more expensive. The new Mac Pro that came out Monday is $1000 cheaper than a Dell with the same specs.
For business, you can run all the same apps native, like MS office, or if you feel the need you can run Windows on a Mac (the newest Intel based ones) I'm told it runs even faster when installed on the mac. The computer will boot in Windows and run all apps just like a PC, but that side of the computer will still have all the vulnerabilities of a standard PC.
Viruses? I've been using macs for over 10 years and have never had one virus! There are viruses and hackers that write them, but unlike Windows, the Mac OS doesn't allow anybody and everybody to access it and install whatever it wants. Nothing can be installed without you inputing the Root user password. So if you get a virus its because you're dumb and say "uh, yeah ok, install whatever"
Mac's do not crash all the time- OS 10 will never crash, that i know of, short of a hardware failure. An application may crash but it will never cause a restart of the system. My Imac at home, has been on for months at at a time and only "restarts" when i shut it down. I can only think of one time in the 5 yrs that I've been using OS 10 where it completely locked up, but to be fair it was my fault. I was burning a DVD home movie as well as doing several other high memory rendering things at the same time. The only major problem was a hard drive failure, but that can happen anywhere.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Just curious why corporate America uses PC's 100 to 1? I came from a large corporation in STL and found less than 20 PC's out of 10,000 PC's company wide? I don't think this is unusual with most large corporations. I do not know much about Mac's but I know what I was told by our IT/Desk top people.

G

·
WOW!!! looks like a really good movie :eek: can't wait to see it. Umm the fire mod, I like it but right now just the heat from the eng is a pain so I'll have to skip on that one.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts