M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Look pretty nice. Gonna get expensive when you add torque cones, heat shields and power commander etc.

G

·
these pipes r just about what i want but wonder how friggen loud r they gonna be and what is the cable kit for i sent email to the company for picture of the cones and better pictures of the pipes I'm also looking for new mirrors if anybody knows a good place please let me know

·
Registered
844 Posts
jleiher: If you get better pics -- please post 'em on this site.

The cables are for the SET valve actuation -- although it's not clear to me why you can't use (or adapt) the stock item.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
tomph1 said:
The cables are for the SET valve actuation -- although it's not clear to me why you can't use (or adapt) the stock item.
Don't think so.... There is no way the SET valve setup is going to fit anywhere in those pipes. Have you seen the SET contraption? It looks like it was taken off a Mac truck.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Don't think so.... There is no way the SET valve setup is going to fit anywhere in those pipes. Have you seen the SET contraption? It looks like it was taken off a Mac truck.

thats the set valve, i thought it was the catalytic converter?

G

·
I had the VTX version of these on my bike for 1 day. No heat shields and they let you know what hot is. I have a pair of jeans with a big brown spot where they were getting ready to burst into a flame.

Sold them to a friend who wanted them for a VTX show bike and he has won several shows with them but barely rides the bike.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
bad109 said:
thats the set valve, i thought it was the catalytic converter?
It's my understanding that the SET valve is in that contraption.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have a service manual, and although the illustrations of this are really pretty poor, it appears that the valve (they call it "EXCV" - exhaust control valve) is inside the short segment of single pipe, just before it enters that big expanded area. Therefore, one COULD (concievably) be in the Morton pipe somewhere. Otherwise, I don't see what "cables" would be used for. The EXCVA (exhaust control vlave actuator) on the stock bike IS cable operated. (Also see LaMonster's illustrated thread on putting on the Cobra Dragsters).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered the Morton's exhaust about two weeks ago and payed $912 out the door. It takes 4 weeks to make they only make when an order comes in.

Go to Morton's custom.com

G

·
i also ordered mortons today the chrome ceramic supposed to drop temp 400deg and i got the power cones,heat shields and cable kit for the f1 light 3to5 weeks out and pwr com is also im told 3to5 weeks out so i hope i get them at the same time

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
jleiher said:
i also ordered mortons today the chrome ceramic supposed to drop temp 400deg and i got the power cones,heat shields and cable kit for the f1 light 3to5 weeks out and pwr com is also im told 3to5 weeks out so i hope i get them at the same time
I had the Mortons on my VTX for a short while but didn't like them. I then had another guy fab the ones I have now and they were ceramic coated and they were still 700 degrees at the first bend. :eek: I had to fab my own heat shields and I got the temp down to 250 degrees. Much better and now I don't have to hold my leg out when I'm sitting at a light. ;)

G

·
lamonster you r making me nervous what didnt you like about them im hopeing that they sound as good as they look for that kind of money

1 - 16 of 16 Posts