M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for the new Exhaust to get here HARD-KROME DUAL RADIUS. Question do i need to order anything else or will they bolt right up without any issues.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
you will be good to go sir.

if you have a air kit you will need a FI system of some sort. some say that you dont but i strongly recommend it. (cobra FI2000R)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks i ordered the cobra fi2000r a few minutes ago ...i think its great that we have a place to ask questions and get good feedback

·
Registered
152 Posts
My exhaust did not come with gaskets... got them from the stealership for minimal cost.

just something for you to check

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
My exhaust did not come with gaskets... got them from the stealership for minimal cost.

just something for you to check
I would also put new gaskets in. Beets taking it off and installing them again. I put new ones on when I put my Tri-Pros on.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I used the gaskets from the stock pipe
When I installed the Cobra Tri-Pro, I re-used the existing gaskets. Heck, they never even came out of the heads, so I let them be. They are working just fine, not leaking at all.

In the past, whenever I installed a new exhaust on a bike, I always re-used the existing gaskets, never caused me a moments problem. Heck, on my last CBX, I changed the exhaust 4 or 5 times in the 16 years I owned the bike, re-used the stock gaskets every time. Never leaked. Never had to buy new gaskets for an exhaust change since 1979.

But go ahead, the dealer will love you for it.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
When I installed the Cobra Tri-Pro, I re-used the existing gaskets. Heck, they never even came out of the heads, so I let them be. They are working just fine, not leaking at all.

In the past, whenever I installed a new exhaust on a bike, I always re-used the existing gaskets, never caused me a moments problem. Heck, on my last CBX, I changed the exhaust 4 or 5 times in the 16 years I owned the bike, re-used the stock gaskets every time. Never leaked. Never had to buy new gaskets for an exhaust change since 1979.

But go ahead, the delaer will love you for it.:bigthumbsup:
Same here, 3 bikes, 3 exhausts, existing gaskets all 3 times. Never a problem

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have those pipes on my bike and love the look and the incedible sound. I just reused existing gaskets with no problems.
Have hypercharger air filter and power commander installed and used there maps from there web site no problems so far but will get it dyno when the rains stop here lol

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
I've had my pipes on and off quite a few times and have reused the stock gaskets. Make sure the faces of them are smooth and torque the new pipes down evenly.

Read up on the SET valve actuator and how to remove and replace the cam on it, or be prepared to clip the wire on the ECU to disable it. Most of the problems folks have with installing new pipes comes from problems with the SET afterward.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts