M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I have a question. I removed my stock exhaust and in doing that you have to disconnect the EXCVA lead wire couplers. These are the two plugs that plug into and control the cable slots of the EXCVA pulley. Once I removed the stock exhaust and mount on my new exhaust V&H Big Shots. There is nothing for this to plug into on my new pipes. And now my FI light is on. After reading HINK's FAQ's I see that to disable the FI light I need to unplug the computer wire harness and disconnect pin #7. Is the right? That I just leave the two EXCVA wire couplers unplugged and disconnect the computer wire harness and disconnect pin #7? Please help or PM me. I want to make sure I installed them right before I disconnect pin #7 to turn of the FI light.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
You have it right.

You can pull the pin, or just clip the wire.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks and I can leave the front and rear HO2 sensor lead wire couplers plugged up right?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,096 Posts
Thanks and I can leave the front and rear HO2 sensor lead wire couplers plugged up right?
You don't have any O2 sensors, so nothing to worry about there. Just unplug the EXCVA wires, pull or clip the wire on the ECU, and that's it.

European, Asian and Australian bikes have O2 sensors. There's a debate that some Cali spec models may have them too, but none here on the East coast.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
You don't have any O2 sensors, so nothing to worry about there. Just unplug the EXCVA wires, pull or clip the wire on the ECU, and that's it.

European, Asian and Australian bikes have O2 sensors. There's a debate that some Cali spec models may have them too, but none here on the East coast.
:agree: Hope to see you at the big meet in June.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.