M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time for a new rear tire and I found one from Dennis Kirk for 153 shipped, for the 250. Anyone know of a better price? IM going to call DLP to see about a price match through them. They have been good to me thus far so I would like to continue doing business with them.

Jason

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
search online for a jakewilson coupon for $10 or $20 off which will be the best deal.
:agree: I just checked and it is 152.99 and if you search "jakewilson" coupons you will find one for 20 off any order over 150. that will be your best deal. I got mine last year for 132 shipped to the door.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:agree: I just checked and it is 152.99 and if you search "jakewilson" coupons you will find one for 20 off any order over 150. that will be your best deal. I got mine last year for 132 shipped to the door.
132 is what I will get it for. I just have to verify my street shipping address tomorrow, then Im placing my order. I have to have the tire sent to my command. Man it sucks not being home!

Thanks for your help guys! You rock!

Jason

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
132 is what I will get it for. I just have to verify my street shipping address tomorrow, then Im placing my order. I have to have the tire sent to my command. Man it sucks not being home!

Jason
Glad to be of help. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

Jason
Check on what it will take to return the tire if you have a problem with first could make a dif if you buy local just a thought.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check on what it will take to return the tire if you have a problem with first could make a dif if you buy local just a thought.
The stealer wanted at least 220 just for the tire. Finding it for 132 is incredible. For just about a 100 dollar in price difference its a chance I will take. Now to find a deal on a 160 front.

Jason

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
The stealer wanted at least 220 just for the tire.
:eek::eek::eek: Your Stealer is smoking crack bigtime! With the internet there is NO REASON to purchase any component from them EVER!!!!! I only go to bike shops for labor on something that I can't personally do at my house. Other than that you should never even get a quote from a Dealer IMO on any bike product unless it's even with what you can buy it online for.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
:eek::eek::eek: Your Stealer is smoking crack bigtime! With the internet there is NO REASON to purchase any component from them EVER!!!!! I only go to bike shops for labor on something that I can't personally do at my house. Other than that you should never even get a quote from a Dealer IMO on any bike product unless it's even with what you can buy it online for.
I needed an oil filter and use the Hi-Flow made by K&N. Called the local bike place... $13.50 :eek: On Ebay they are $5.25 plus shipping. Now doing a group buy through the same bike place for 30 of them and it is like $5 each after tax. WTF? Talk about raping someone.

·
Registered
595 Posts
What about mounting? It's great to find a good tire deal on the internet but you still need to get the darn thing mounted. Can you dismount/mount these huge low profile tires yourself in the garage or does it still have to go to the stealer's tire mounting machine??

Besides never having changed rubber on anything larger than a mountain bike, I'm afraid that using tire irons and pry bars will scratch my rims all up!

My dealer gives me the stink eye when I ask him to mount a tire that I bought somewhere else. I would really prefer to do it myself to save the labor $$$ and avoid the animosity but I wonder if this is one task that's better left to the professionals.

What do you guys think? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Is there a regular "bike shop" that's not a dealer around you?

I brought my prepurchased Dunnie 250 rear tire to this local bike shop guy and rode my bike into him as well and left it. He removed the rear wheel, threw in the dynabeads, mounted the tire and remounted the rim to my bike for $50.00

He didn't care where I purchased the tire from. :doorag:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Is there a regular "bike shop" that's not a dealer around you?

I brought my prepurchased Dunnie 250 rear tire to this local bike shop guy and rode my bike into him as well and left it. He removed the rear wheel, threw in the dynabeads, mounted the tire and remounted the rim to my bike for $50.00

He didn't care where I purchased the tire from. :doorag:
Me too! Also, my dealer's price was way high but didn't care that I brought in a tire from elsewhere as he was making money on the install. Charged me $70 to change front and rear if I brought in the rims/tires.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You are right. I usually dont goto the dealer for anything unless I have to. I will look around for a shop to do the install though, as I don't have any tools for that.

Jason

·
Registered
198 Posts
I spent $152 with Jake Wilson, the darn coupon did not work for me. They did however give me a $20 gift certificate instead. So I'm satisfied, since my dealer wanted about $225 for the tire alone and another $70 bucks to install. I have the metric axle tool so taking the rear wheel off was a breeze. Dealer stated that he would mount and balance the new tire for $33 bucks. I had him mount the tire and throw in 3 ounces of Dyna beads in and they still charged me $30 bucks. Save yourself some money and do as much of the job yourself as you can.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I was wondering, it's about time for me to get a new rear Dunny also. I have weights on my rims right now, do I have to remove them in order to put a new tire on and should I just go with the DynaBeads?

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have a good relations with a car tire dealer they can change motorcycle tires on their equipment. I took the tires off my bike and local guy mounted front and rear for $20 total only took him about 15 minutes. He couldn't balance with his equipment but I use dyno beads so that wasn't a problem.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts